Paul Faulkner

smetrov

One of the things I heard about MON - is that he had very little dialogue with Lerner. In the early days MON was seeking guidance on if villa could afford, this that or the other - but found it hard to get clarification. - Would explain why we had flurrys of activity right at thje end of windows.

MON got hacked off - so just did the deals.

That tale would make sense - Lerner is often slated for not communicating with the media - maybe he just doesn't communicate - full stop.

Thats an interesting one and if true, one I guess we were all not privvy too. It will be interesting to see if the same happens at Sunderland....we will now see.

I remember Celtic fans telling me MON always left it late in the transfer window and to expect it , so I think that was just his way. Interestingly I was reading Norwich boards and read some posts on there which suggests Lambert is the opposite saying along the lines that he's done most of his business before the other clubs have started.

Yeah, because you're all completely aware of what he does on a day to day basis.

Face it, you all have no idea what he does, or what he doesnt do. Maybe he does all the right things, advises Randy and Randy says no. Maybe it's the other way round. Who knows? That's my point.

Well done for him getting on the FA panel. He's obviously doing something right.

I think he gets a lot of stick on here, which is completely unjustified. I haven't heard one person give him stick with any evidence to back it up at all.

Yeah, because you're all completely aware of what he does on a day to day basis.

Face it, you all have no idea what he does, or what he doesnt do. Maybe he does all the right things, advises Randy and Randy says no. Maybe it's the other way round. Who knows? That's my point.

Well done for him getting on the FA panel. He's obviously doing something right.

I think he gets a lot of stick on here, which is completely unjustified. I haven't heard one person give him stick with any evidence to back it up at all.

Fully agree. Just think he's an easy target for some.

I think it is time for the mud slinging to stop now,McLeish,Houllier,Gary Mac,Grant & General Krulak have all moved on,yes PF remains but folk need to get off his back now and start posting posistives for a change about Aston Villa,the black cloud has lifted lets all move on.

It can only be a good thing that we're on the FA council, I always thought the FA was much of a members only club, this summer has shown that we still have some pull as a club, New manager, Faulkner on the FA Council and The Charity Shield being held at VP. Still only just June.

he really is an easy target. gets potentially a big appointment for the club in Lambert and still gets slaughtered

yes i dont quite undertsna dwhy fans are not congratulating him for this role. yes he has made mistakes but he has just contributed in bringing the fans choice to the club

congrats faulk lets hope you have learnt from your mistakes!

he really is an easy target. gets potentially a big appointment for the club in Lambert and still gets slaughtered

yes i dont quite undertsna dwhy fans are not congratulating him for this role. yes he has made mistakes but he has just contributed in bringing the fans choice to the club

congrats faulk lets hope you have learnt from your mistakes!

The thing is that his (and Lerner's) last mistake was massive and put us in the mess we're in right now. Appointing an extremely poor manager that was also from our biggest rivals was just pure madness on every level. He may also have been involved in us losing MON, which was another massive mistake.

Well done to him for being involved in getting Lambert, yet the mistakes made have done a lot of damage and won't be forgiven quickly.

It can only be a good thing that we're on the FA council, I always thought the FA was much of a members only club, this summer has shown that we still have some pull as a club, New manager, Faulkner on the FA Council and The Charity Shield being held at VP. Still only just June.

Villa also walked all the hospitality awards a week or so ago.

PF has done alot for the commercial side of the football club and he isn't to blame for the wage debacle under MON because he came in quite late IIRC into his reign. MON had seen off at least a couple previously because he likes to have total control. No doubt they left exasperated!

I think a large part of why MON walked was because Lerner had finally installed a CEO who stood up to him and tried to inject some sustainability into the spendings and wage bill which had become possibly more akin to those of a cash rich drunken sailor in a whore house on a Friday night.

Lerner takes the ultimate blame for that though - he should have controlled matters from the start and he should also not have let ANY overpaid players treat AVFC as Butlins Holiday Camp, which we can all see he has now addressed with the appointment of Lambert. He has a fearsome reputation as we know.

Appointing McLeish was just the most disastrous commercial/footballing decision they could have made and I'm sure if it was the Apprentice - the big finger would have wagged and both Faulkner & Lerner would have both been fired!

However this is real life who doesn't make mistakes?

If Gary Kasa is going to take up more of PF's duties as head of football operations then from what I've read that could be very very good news for the football club. He is apparently top draw.

Let's hope very much from now on it's onwards & upwards.

Having a voice on the FA council will only be beneficial to villa so for that and his role in bringing in Lambert he should stay. He was given far to much abuse for bringing in Eck as if it was entirely his decision and no one else has a say on the matter.

I'm not sure about singling out Faulkner in particular. He and Lerner have run the club disastrously over the past two seasons and we have no idea how much of this is down to Faulkner personally.

However, after the disasters of the MON departure, and appointments of Houllier and McLeish, they have probably earned themselves a bit of grace with the appointment of a proper manager. Faulkner's statement immediately after the sacking of McLeish showed a lot of realism and self-awareness, so I reckon they should be given a bit of slack for a while.

think in his defence that he is quite young in terms of other people his age doing this job like a David Gill or a Daniel Levy so he is still learning on the job and last few weeks seems like he knows a bit more about what he is doing.

On Daniel LEvy who a lot of people say is great at his job but then always forget he was dreadful in his first few years hiring managers like Santini and Hoddle and having a high turnover of players but he has learned and maybe Faulkner will be same

He may also have been involved in us losing MON, which was another massive mistake.

MON was shit and we are well to be rid of him. Spent loads of money on shit players and won N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I wish people would stop jizzing over that useless word removed then I could stop commenting on said jizzing.

I'm not sure about singling out Faulkner in particular. He and Lerner ... have probably earned themselves a bit of grace with the appointment of a proper manager. Faulkner's statement immediately after the sacking of McLeish showed a lot of realism and self-awareness, so I reckon they should be given a bit of slack for a while.
Yes.

Another thing is that being on the FA council thingy may help give PF a bit of a deeper and wider understanding of how things work. Whether that's entirely good, I don't know, but there are definite benefits for him and therefore for the club in widening his experience and getting some further "football" knowledge and education. I think he's very capable in a lot of areas and is learning in others, so it's a good thing.

Â