Paul Faulkner

smetrov

it's a fiver - not exactly sky prices.

Well, it's not far off is it? 

For one channel? £5 a month?

Just £4 extra last year got you ESPN if you were on Sky and all their other channels.

I know it's not exactly the same thing. But if you're paying £5 a month for one channel, you have every right to expect it to be of a reasonable quality.

Yeah it's not the same thing, which is what I said. but it's close.

A pint and a bag of crisps, fair enough.

But MUTV is £6 per month.

As is Chelsea TV.

So I'd expect something like that to be honest.

I don't even have AVTV. All I'm saying is if you're paying £5 a month for something you have the right to expect it to work (which I'm led to believe AVTV simply didn't for some of pre season?)

I pay £5 a month for laptop insurance. But if I broke my laptop, and they didn't honour the insurance but said "Ah well it's only a pint and a bag of crisps, what do you expect?" I wouldn't be very happy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa is delighted to confirm that Turkish Airlines have become our Official Airlines Partner for the 2013-14 season.

A leading global player in commercial aviation and now the fourth largest carrier of passengers throughout Europe, Turkish Airlines was named Europe's Best Airline for a third consecutive year at the 2013 World Airline Awards.

Operating direct flights between Birmingham and Istanbul with onward connections to more than 200 destinations worldwide - flying to more countries than any other airline in the world - Turkish Airlines' expansion in the Midlands in recent years means that 10 flights depart from Birmingham International Airport on a weekly basis, underlining the company's commitment to the region.

It boasts one of the largest and youngest fleets in the world, with recent commercial partnerships with other leading clubs in Europe encouraging Turkish Airlines to seek this opportunity to connect with Villa fans and with the Midlands heartland.

Aston Villa Chief Executive Paul Faulkner said: "We are delighted to have secured this deal with Turkish Airlines, especially given their strong and still growing presence in the region as well as their global reach and reputation.

"The partnership also underlines the appeal of Aston Villa, with our vibrant, aspirational characteristics offering a perfect synergy. Our fans will benefit, too, as Turkish Airlines cement their position in the Midlands still further, and we look forward to working together with them and our growing number of Official Partners."

Mr. Selim Ozturk, Turkish Airlines General Manager in Birmingham, said: "We are also extremely pleased to enter this partnership agreement with Aston Villa, one of the most established and successful football clubs in the UK. We wish them all the best for the new season."

Find out more about our other partners.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3448581,00.html

Gotta say that Aston Villa are really upping the visibility of the club, isn't it now four airlines and the deal with Eurosport Asia to show that weekly(?) program about Villa in Asia? Should also increase the commercial income of the club too, which is never a bad thing.

Paul Faulkner has gotten a lot of stick in the past but he and his team has upped their game, good thing that they're doing stuff like this.

Its a pity we could'nt have struck up a shirt deal with Turkish Airlines seems a little more ethical than a betting site.

Plus exposure to the Turkish community in the UK who may have felt an affiliation through their national airline to the Villa.

Just a thought.

One in five people on this earth are Chinese.

That's a big potential market for any prospective commercial activity to exploit & I'm sure Villa & PF are fully aware of this.

Our venture into the whole of Asia will grow & grow exponentially especially if we can keep developing on the pitch.

Thanks to PF we are now reaching out to these potential markets which is fantastic news for Aston Villa.

Yep very good summer by PF and his team.. Signed existing players onto long term contracts, brought in 7 new players plus numerous more youth signings and have developed the commercial aspects well.

Existing players fair enoough.

Lot of the players brought in have a lot to prove IMO

I thought our recent sponsorship was one of the smallest in recent years - granted we aren't the appeal we were a few years back - but in terms of revenue I wouldn't say the commercial side is developing.

Well done yet again to PF.

He's been doing a really top job this last 12 months or so!

He has learned an awful lot and I think he himself would admit that.

However,  I'm not quite so sure he would be getting plaudits if the activities of the team were not looking so positive. 

Well done yet again to PF.

He's been doing a really top job this last 12 months or so!

He has learned an awful lot and I think he himself would admit that.

However,  I'm not quite so sure he would be getting plaudits if the activities of the team were not looking so positive. 

Very true, that. Equally when the team did badly, he got more stick...

I like PF and I never really got why so many people gave him grief when they had no idea what he is responsible for at the club.

But although these deals seem positive i thought we were continuing to struggle in terms of revenue compared to others. I'm sure i saw something last year that showed Norwich and I believe Sunderland had both over taken us in the commercial revenue league table.

He agreed, if not signed McLiesh, for that he will never be forgiven. Im more than guessing he has help now, PF couldn't perform how he has lately on his own...

So he's almost entirely responsible for McLeish but not eligible for any credit for Lambert? Seems fair.

He obviously has advisors. I believe he was advised to sign McLeish and he thought it would be a great idea. He must have very limited football knowledge to agree to that. Lambert was obviously put forward to him by people who had done a little more research. If you need another reason he can never be forgiven, its that he obviously had no thought what so ever, about us, the fans when agreeing to sign McLeish.

Â