Paul Faulkner

smetrov

He may also have been involved in us losing MON, which was another massive mistake.

MON was shit and we are well to be rid of him. Spent loads of money on shit players and won N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I wish people would stop jizzing over that useless word removed then I could stop commenting on said jizzing.

ditto

MON was shit

No he wasn't. That's a ridiculous thing to say and the fact that there are one or two very hyperactive posters constantly spawning stuff like this is what has made this site such heavy going over the past couple of years.

Repeat after me now...

GT MkII was shit

DOL was shit

Houllier was shit

M c L e i s h (:wink:) was shit

MON was the only decent manager we had during this depressing sequence. He had us challenging for the top 4 three seasons in a row. How does that compare with the others?

MON was shit

No he wasn't. That's a ridiculous thing to say and the fact that there are one or two very hyperactive posters constantly spawning stuff like this is what has made this site such heavy going over the past couple of years.

Repeat after me now...

GT MkII was shit

DOL was shit

Houllier was shit

M c L e i s h (:wink:) was shit

MON was the only decent manager we had during this depressing sequence. He had us challenging for the top 4 three seasons in a row. How does that compare with the others?

Perhaps saying he is shit is as equally as stupid as posters like you failing to see the money he has squandered on the majority of his signings... you have chosen to blame everyone else and thats what encourages statements like he is shit.

Fans like you just nonchalantly brush aside the poor performance in the transfer market that has helped put us back....choosing to wallow in 6-6-6 as the holy grail, whilst playing largely hoof or smash and grab football.

Martin O'Neill had some good points and certainly some bad ones anyone who fails to see that is either naive or selective. I accept some fans only look at results in isolation other looks at results plus the quality of football being played.

Just put a balanced perspective on MON and then you can expect balanced comments back.

you have chosen to blame everyone else and thats what encourages statements like he is shit.

Ah, I see. It's all my fault that people keep posting this nonsense about MON? :lol:

If the cap fits wear it?

Of course its not only you.

I'm not interested in getting in to a fight over a manager I revered to start with and then changed my opinion after seeing his performance in the transfer market etc.

I have struggled to see many balanced views on MON. He undoubtedly put some pride back and gave a mixture of results and performance i.e Chelsea away 7-1 and Man Utd away 0-1 thats how i will remember him " good in parts" I will also remember all the other stuff I can't be bothered to write, but none the less despised.

Anyway.....Looking forward to Lambert now, who I believe to be more rounded

I'm still not sure whether Paul Faulkner actually has any autonomy at all as CEO, or whether he is purely and simply an administrator.

He seems competent on the administration side of things and the way stadium hospitality is now regarded is an example of his oversight of internal affairs.

However the fact that we appointed Paul Lambert over 48 hours ago, and Faulkner obviously considers that just one sentence on the official site is all that is required, worries me.

He appears to have no understanding of the need to interact with the customers ie. fans.

PL is a huge appointment for the club, and yet Faulkner's own appointment to the FA council of 92 members is given much greater coverage on the OS than the landmark appointment of Paul Lambert!

I'm sure we will get more news from AVFC in the next few days, but the reticence of PF to communicate with the people who really matter (the fans) is a weakness that has to be put right.

Having a silent owner and a silent CEO is not acceptable.

However the fact that we appointed Paul Lambert over 48 hours ago, and Faulkner obviously considers that just one sentence on the official site is all that is required, worries me.

Once again how do you know he is even responsible for this, it might have been decided from a legal point of view whilst the compensation side of things is sorted with Norwich?

We just dont know, we can only assume and all the assumptions always seem to be the worst kind..

I'm still not sure whether Paul Faulkner actually has any autonomy at all as CEO, or whether he is purely and simply an administrator.

He seems competent on the administration side of things and the way stadium hospitality is now regarded is an example of his oversight of internal affairs.

He appears to have no understanding of the need to interact with the customers ie. fans.

PL is a huge appointment for the club, and yet Faulkner's own appointment to the FA council of 92 members is given much greater coverage on the OS than the landmark appointment of Paul Lambert!

I'm sure we will get more news from AVFC in the next few days, but the reticence of PF to communicate with the people who really matter (the fans) is a weakness that has to be put right.

Having a silent owner and a silent CEO is not acceptable.

Having just one sentence on appointment might have something to do how things went with Norwich and that at least some negoiations are still going on with them.

Just put a balanced perspective on MON and then you can expect balanced comments back.

Just like your 'balanced' comment before Briny's?

Anyway, MON is back now and Villa will be going in the right direction again, so I'm happy.

Once again how do you know he is even responsible for this, it might have been decided from a legal point of view whilst the compensation side of things is sorted with Norwich?

We just dont know, we can only assume and all the assumptions always seem to be the worst kind..

You may well be right. However the appointment has been made .... fact .... How simple it would have been to have added a short explanation of what's happening in general terms to avoid assumptions being made. All we can ever do at Villa under RL/PF is assume, which is the point I was making.

What do you want to know exactly a short explanation about what? What's happening in general terms, what does that mean?

Saturday was a momentous day for Villa, it deserved more than one sentence. When's the press conference? How pleased is Randy? What can we look forward to in general terms this summer? Simple basic generic responses that acknowledge the fans interest.

What do you want to know exactly a short explanation about what? What's happening in general terms, what does that mean?

Saturday was a momentous day for Villa, it deserved more than one sentence. When's the press conference? How pleased is Randy? What can we look forward to in general terms this summer? Simple basic generic responses that acknowledge the fans interest.

Maybe but like others said perhaps they cant say much.

When's the press conference? - Probably hadnt been decided.

How pleased is Randy? Probably very, but who cares. You happy? I am. Its like the questions reporters always ask footballers 'how important is this win' or 'how happy were you to score the winner'

What can we look forward to in general terms this summer? - They arent going to advertise that we have an amount of money to spend and its up to Lambert if he thinks things need changing not for the board to second guess.

Perhaps we've all become used to silence from AVFC.

Appointing PL is an opportunity to generate excitement and get the fans back on board. Imo it doesn't really matter what RL/PF say to the fans, it just matters that they say something. Silence will not sell season tickets.

Just like your 'balanced' comment before Briny's?

Anyway, MON is back now and Villa will be going in the right direction again, so I'm happy.

No he's not..... his name is Paul Lambert.

You will see the difference.

There will always be somebody getting shite flung at them by a section of villa fans. People didn`t like ellis, now they don`t like randy, They`ve only liked the odd manager in the last ten years. Even an old aged american war veteran gets subjected to bollocks over some stuff he posted online. Now its faulkners turn.

Yeah they messed up with mcleish, get over it, Shit happens.

As for the statement on the website, who gives a shit? They fixed their mistake and now they get shite about that. There will be a press conference during the week thats why they kept it short.

Faulkner is just a bloke doing a job, don`t know what people want him from him.

Appointing PL is an opportunity to generate excitement and get the fans back on board. Imo it doesn't really matter what RL/PF say to the fans, it just matters that they say something. Silence will not sell season tickets.

If they stated how excited they were and what their hopes for future success were, there would be 1001 reponses along the lines of "don't talk about it, show us". So why bother?

The press conference will be the opportunity to present our new man. I expect he'll be guarded against predicting future success knowing it will be twisted to promises set in stone and a stick to be beaten with given the first sign of falling short. Many Villa fans have a reputation to maintain. :winkold:

Â