Paul Faulkner

smetrov

After the debacle in the last 24 hours, if we end up with another half-arsed manager he simply has to go. It's beyond a joke. The guy simply can't negotiate. Anyone could have sealed the deal with Solskjaer early in the week but instead he pithered around thinking any manager in the world would be begging for the job.

Why does he have to go?

Is it Faulkner fault that Solkjaer probably spent weekend talking this over with his wife while concentrating on a game to provide an answer

We identified a manager, approached him and he turned us down, wasnt like we chased him through the media as i dont think villa have even mentioned OGS since story broke

I don't want him to go....yet. I honestly don't believe the failed attempt on OGS was anything other than a family decision by OGS. So you cannot blame PF.

HOWEVER, if a good manager is not attracted to the club then he should go.

It all hangs on this appointment for me.

Why does he have to go?

Is it Faulkner fault that Solkjaer probably spent weekend talking this over with his wife while concentrating on a game to provide an answer

We identified a manager, approached him and he turned us down, wasnt like we chased him through the media as i dont think villa have even mentioned OGS since story broke

He basically said offer me the job and Im yours.

This appointment is HUGE and to be perfectly honest I dont trust him to get it right. He maybe able to sell Villa to companies however he is clearly unable to sell it to managers. Of the two he has been pivotal in appointing McLeish had just got relegated felt his stock was clearly high after his League Cup win and though if he could get top ten with Birmingham surely he could do every bit as well with Villa. Houiller, was doing some job for the french fa and in my opinion wanted one last shot at a managers job. We need someone exactly like Soslkjaer who could be world class and let him build his team.

Of course he needs replacing. But lerner has a big enough headache trying to replace one ginger headed FW without asking him to try and replace another

Unless you have spent a week with him and actually know how he works then wanting the man out of his job is a load of bollocks to be honest.
Like a team manager?

Faulkner has been a useless word removed since he came to the club and has caused a lot of problems. Lerner needs to get rid of him asap...

Faulkner has been here all along, what has he said that has caused problems? Apart from saying we could achieve European football with McLeish I can't remember many idiotic things he has said/done.

Unless you have spent a week with him and actually know how he works then wanting the man out of his job is a load of bollocks to be honest.

And you have spent the week with him.

This has been bugging me- I thought Faulkner was American, but someone on here recently said he's English?

From whence doth he come?

Norwich. On another note, I love it how alot of us mere keyboard warriors can deem the man useless when you have absolutely no idea what he has been doing and what the variables and challenges are he has faced.

Â