Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Sure i heard we were in for that Commoli fella that left Liverpool not sure if the rumours are true , but the word was Commoli was coming in along with AVB , think it was reports in Portugal or something like that . Anyone else heard anything about this ?

I'm pretty sure Comolli was seen at the Spurs game. And that fuelled a bit of speculation.

The problem with business ppl is they quite often look as business models when making appointments rather than genuine cop... John Delaney appointing Stan s Ireland manager was a classic example, even the appointment of Roy Hodgson had an element of that, they took the 'academic' approach where they looked at C.V.'s rather going for the blindingly obvious choice of Harry Redknapp. So Houllier's and McLeish's appointment was prob based on this 'academic' approach. Hopefully lessons will be learned and this will be a good appointment. If not then I can really see patience running out with Faulkner.

Faulkner is a decent business man, he's 100% committed to Villa and has managed to generate a fare bit of extra income with his business acumen.

I agree, he is a CEO who has had the decency to reply to previous emails I sent him. I met him and he comes across as being open to an extent and a down to earth, likeable person who is more intelligent than fans think. It is not only just Faulkner on his own who makes decisions regarding managers. He should stay

He doesn't instill confidence, but he is a money man and appears to be doing an ok job, and in fairness we might not like it, but seems capable of difficult (wage and player sales) decisions.

The answer is surely a football man alongside him, a DOF. Give the fella a chance, there's enough negativity and turmoil around the club as it is, and nothing that a solid managerial appointment wouldn't fix.

I recently read on here that PF is English, but I always thought he was American....can someone clarify this for me?
He is English yes, although I think on FM it said he was American.

He doesn't instill confidence, but he is a money man and appears to be doing an ok job, and in fairness we might not like it, but seems capable of difficult (wage and player sales) decisions.

The answer is surely a football man alongside him, a DOF. Give the fella a chance, there's enough negativity and turmoil around the club as it is, and nothing that a solid managerial appointment wouldn't fix.

He's a money man.... and doing an OK job? So our transfers (ins and outs of managers and players go through him) appears to be doing an OK JOB? Are you serious... Hes doing an AWFUL job.

A lot of people got excited when he talked about bringing an exciting manager to get the club going in the right direction etc

This time last year he said we wanted a manager 'best fit' for the club and gave us Alex McLeish, probably the worst fit manager for the job.

It's all words. I wonder how many season tickets have been sold this week.

Wanted to give him a final chance on this appointment but yet another cock-up, it seems.

I'm sure he has some worth in being as Villa, but not in his current position.

How is it a "cock up"? OGS says he is pulling out because of "family reasons" and it suddenly the clubs fault.

It is entirely reasonable to believe that his Norwegian wife said she would like to stay in Norway.

Villa were undoubtedly interested but some fans created a desperate hysteria that was beyond reason.

The facts do not support the claim that it is a "cock up"

Â