Paul Faulkner

smetrov

Certainly are, like: Faulkner is kept in the dark over potential takeover, Lerner makes his statement on Monday, Faulkner thinks "f**k me! I've been sat around here thinking a new employer is on the cards and now numbnuts has gone and stitched me up again. That's it, I'm off". Or, something along those lines.

Which is altogether far more ridiculous and a lot less likely than the scenarios I outlined. 

The club is a shambles,

I find it odd that the announcement comes effectively hours after Randy's statement yesterday (which in itself was released at a rather arbitrary time).

Surely one statement to announce PF steeping down, Robin Russell filling in and Randy returning his focus as owner would've been better? 

Trent, do you know anymore about Faulkner's decision to leave?

I find it more than odd, I find it staggering.

Yes, I would agree with you that you would have thought the two could have been combined, that they weren't makes me wonder if the two are in anyway linked. By that I mean did one trigger the other. That is just my own musing rather than being based upon anything solid.

In terms of do I know any more, not a great deal.

What I do know is that the assumption I've seen a few people make about the FA is incorrect. As far as I'm aware Faulkner was elected to the FA Council, which means his involvement with the FA was purely as a representative of the Premier League on the council as an employee of Aston Villa. I would assume that his involvement with the FA will end when his association with Villa does, so he isn't leaving because of a job at the FA.

My guess would be a difference of opinion between Faulkner and Lerner, either over his role or his involvement or otherwise in the business of trying to sell the club these last few weeks and months.

I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that todays news/statement is in some way a direct result of yesterdays.

• Like 3

I don't how anything that has happened following Lerner's initial statement about being sold can be seen as positive. We are in a big mess imo and don't be surprised if players begin to jump ship.

If we bring in a better CEO, someone who might even make the fans thing 'Now you're talking!', then surely Faulkner leaving will be seen as a positive, as it will have lead to the appointment of said person?

I personally think (hope) that Lerner has taken notice of many calls for a clear direction, lead by someone with a good plan, and is in the process of bringing in a CEO that we can get behind.

Our current CFO is now our acting CEO. It wouldn't surprise me if Lerner left the man who normally looks after the pennies in the place of Faulkner. After all, we've got to keep the spending down to a minimum.

Or just people that are 1) massively contradictory and/or 2) never happy. 

What exactly have Villa fans had to be happy about over the last 4/5 shambolic years of Lerner's ownership? 

Personally, given we had the statement from Lerner yesterday following bu this today I think it is fair to call that shambolic.

I never much rated Faulkner but I would be hard pushed to think of a worse time for him to be going or for their to be a more shambolic way to announce it than less than 24 hours after the absentee owner announces the focus is back on being a football club rather than an unwanted asset.

2 scenarios with a question each:

1) Faulker left on his own accord for whatever reason. How's that the club's fault?

2) Lerner's renewed focus involves shaking things up and replaces the CEO. Doesn't that show pro-activity? 

With regards to happiness - it's where you find it. As a football fan, you've no right to anything and can only take what you're given because you've got no control anyway - winning games makes me happy, scoring goals makes me happy, the shit that happens, it's sad but if you let that affect you to the point where you're seething with rage and personally insulting people you don't know or never met, what does that say about you? You as in people in general, I mean. 

Other scenarios are available.

Please elaborate. 

Pat Murphy indicating that RL was forcing PF to take a non-operational role and it couldn't be agreed, so he's been forced to leave his position.

Why would RL want PF to take a non-operational role? Is he planning to bring in someone else? Or does he just want to keep PF's work non-operational, simply because of the sale?

Please elaborate. 

I have to a degree on the previous page, although you probably missed them as I posted them literally as you posted this.

I don't much see the point in giving other theories or elaborating on the one I've offered, it is after all largely speculative at this stage. Plus, it wouldn't make you happy :)

I just think, in the scenarios you outlined I think the statement today and yesterday would have been combined.

Pat Murphy indicating that RL was forcing PF to take a non-operational role and it couldn't be agreed, so he's been forced to leave his position.

That would be an interesting development. Presumably he would have someone in mind for the role.

Does not help much with regard to the takeover - is it so far advanced that he is working with the new owners, or is it nowhere close and he is preparing for a new season?

Or does Pat Murphy know nothing?

Well the timing is so weird after yesterdays statement that i can only assume today's is a result of yesterdays tbh. I'm not sad to see him go but i assumed he'd be here until we had new owners, that is what Lerner said basically in his initial statement about 8 weeks ago.

That would be an interesting development. Presumably he would have someone in mind for the role.

Does not help much with regard to the takeover - is it so far advanced that he is working with the new owners, or is it nowhere close and he is preparing for a new season?

Or does Pat Murphy know nothing?

Pat Murphy does have a direct line into Faulkner.

• Like 1

Well the timing is so weird after yesterdays statement that i can only assume today's is a result of yesterdays tbh. I'm not sad to see him go but i assumed he'd be here until we had new owners, that is what Lerner said basically in his initial statement about 8 weeks ago.

But what in Randy's statement yesterday would make Faulkner decide to resign? 

Pat murphy has been very reliable with his information regarding takeover. I think what he's said today will most likely be correct. Does seem bizarre after his statement yesterday, but nothing surprises me down there anymore

• Like 1

But what in Randy's statement yesterday would make Faulkner decide to resign? 

No idea, just seems to me this has just been decided rather than planned.

Rumours circulating that Paul Faulkner may leave in summer to fulfil increased responsibility with the FA #avfc

And that guy talks out of his arsehole, lock the ting

Never use that guy as a credible source, let alone start a thread on that basis!

Awkward.

Well for a start that tweet is still wrong because Faulkner hasn't left for a job in the FA, secondly this seems to have been just decided in the last few days. That account is utter bs, it snot awkward at all if he throws enough shit some of it will stick and then he'll give it the big "See, i told you!" despite being blatantly wrong about his other many hundreds of tweets.

Samjp and Isa are correct and most people here know it, he talks out of his arsehole.

• Like 1

Â