Leicester City

Villan4Life

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Newcastle in 2009 were miles better even our relegation squad had similar quality like Gueye, Veretout, Amavi etc

You named 8 players and only 3 play regularly. Leicester are a poor squad and deserve go down. Ancelotti struggle to keep them up

Hows it the worst defence in the league? GD

Southampton  -33

Leeds -25

Forest -31

Bournmouth -30

Wolves -20

Leicester -15

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion?

That vilal team was hopeless as well by the way.  Leicester not as useless as that team was

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Southampton  -33

Leeds -25

Forest -31

Bournmouth -30

Wolves -20

Leicester -15

That vilal team was hopeless as well by the way.  Leicester not as useless as that team was

because I watched them, They had the worst keeper for months and replaced him with 2nd worst keeper in the league

Faes with Castagne, Soyuncu and a few others are awful. Just because havent conceded it doesnt mean they arent that bad

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Southampton  -33

Leeds -25

Forest -31

Bournmouth -30

Wolves -20

Leicester -15

Goal difference is higher because they score a lot. Only Leeds, Bournemouth and Forest conceded more than Leicester (by 4, 1 and 3 respectively). I think in terms of personnel they are probably the worst defensive unit. Also their set piece defending under Rodgers was abysmal.

I do think in terms of talent the ones who'll leave in the summer will comfortably get decent clubs.

Maddison seems set for Newcastle, plenty on here want Harvey Barnes, Iheanacho would be decent for Palace or West Ham imo as squad striker, Tielemans has feel of ending up at an AC Milan or PSG given he's on free transfer and even Soyuncu's going to Atletico Madrid isn't he?

James Justin will also get a premier league side unless they all show reluctance due to the serious injuries in last two seasons.

They'll have quite a big rebuild really, similar to us in 2016. Dewsbury-Hall is only real regular who I doubt will have much interest but will be decent enough in championship, maybe they'll keep Patson Daka given he hasn't really lived up to expectations since signing.

Souttar's proven in that league with Stoke aswell but it dosen't look a very convincing spine.

You'd expect Leicester to bounce straight back up but perhaps it won't be as simple with all the squad changes and Southampton might be team who adapts better as they have some decent young players who just need to learn to win together and that isn't happening in the premier league.

Edited by VillaChris

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

because I watched them, They had the worst keeper for months and replaced him with 2nd worst keeper in the league

Faes with Castagne, Soyuncu and a few others are awful. Just because havent conceded it doesnt mean they arent that bad

They are not great defensive but certainly not the worst in the league as you can see above

On 12/05/2023 at 23:55, PaulC said:

Three teams conceded more than them though.  

Yeah but they are the worst because Zatman says so.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I hope they stay up, for no other reason than desperately wanting Leeds and Everton to get relegated!

I want Everton to stay up, if only because it would keep them and us in the record books as historically the most played fixture in the top flight of English football. Also, always regarded them as, like us, a proper football club, not many plastics at Goodison or Villa Park.

Edited by meregreen

Why has Deano done this to his career since Villa. Should have joined a growing lower league side again. Guess it doesn’t have the rep and cash of joining a PL side. I hope he will still get a look in at a lower level after this as no PL side will touch him. 

They looked like we looked when we went down tonight, did okay first 20 mins but as soon as Liverpool scored it could have been a landslide, body language was really bad, Tielemans and Maddison had a few rows I think. Nailed on for the drop I think.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Why has Deano done this to his career since Villa. Should have joined a growing lower league side again. Guess it doesn’t have the rep and cash of joining a PL side. I hope he will still get a look in at a lower level after this as no PL side will touch him. 

He's cashing in while he can I think.  He can probably do what you say now as he won't have any financial worries anymore. Very smart.

Was just looking at the league table, and they've actually scored one more goal than we have! Really makes clear how it's the defending that's let them down. Unfortunately the defenders and especially the goalkeepers just aren't up to the level required (and they haven't been shielded well by Ndidi, Tielemans or Dewsbury-Hall either). 

whats happened to them is strange tbh.

They finished 8th last season, and the only sold Fofana and Schmeichel in the summer.

So yes they were weakened a little, but from 8th to possible/probable relegation is quite a turn around in fortunes tbh.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All that being said, they have West Ham home last game, if they get to the Europa final I can see them being ripe for the taking

wouldnt it be ironic if Deano kept Leicester up on the last day versus Spam, the exact same way he did with us in 19/20....

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All that being said, they have West Ham home last game, if they get to the Europa final I can see them being ripe for the taking

Too late by then. Wouldn't finish above Forest who are on 34 points and would need Everton to only take 1 point from Wolves and Bournemouth. And Leeds to not beat West Ham or Spurs.

Possible but not very probable.

Maddison missing that penalty basically relegated them as they would've beaten Everton with that going in and 32 points would've still given them a decent chance.

Â