Leicester City

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

11 fewer than Everton actually ;)

Ah yes sorry. So we are 2nd in the all time years in top flight table. Thought we were still top. But we are 2nd and they are 24th. We clearly are a far more traditionally top flight club than them and since 23 clubs have spent longer in the tip flight than them, my point stands. Hopefully they go back to the 2nd tier and stay there.

Edited by GlobalVillan

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

However on the odd occasion I’ve met and chatted to their fans I’ve found them to be oddly aggressive and a little (maybe understandably) arrogant.

Yeah, but look who they were talking to ... ;) 

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Well you cannot use the word traditionally and then refuse to count anything before 1992. That's patently absurd.

I find this conversation surreal ... as group VT seems to complain about established clubs not letting others get a look in due to their financial success/shenanigans and then saying minnows like Leicester don't deserve to be in the PL because of history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

I find this conversation surreal ... as group VT seems to complain about established clubs not letting others get a look in due to their financial success/shenanigans and then saying minnows like Leicester don't deserve to be in the PL because of history.

It's bizarre the amount of strwamanning that goes on! I just stated that I do not consider Leiceester a traditionally top flight club. That's it. Nothing more! Nothing about "deserving".

The all time table proves I am right about that and I have no idea what the issue is. 

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Im not sure why the league win is relevant? We have spent more time in the top flight than anyone else (think joint with Everton) and Leicester have spent a lot of time in lower tiers.  It's not even close. We are a traditionally top flight club and in fact maybe the MOST traditionally top flight club. Leicester aren't. That's all I was saying.

Edit: Checked and they are 24th in terms of top flight years. 

So that would literally put them outside the top tier. Proving my point.

Yes but if you use that yardstick Bolton are 12th and Sheffield Wednesday 15th 

I'm not disagreeing with you as i don't see Leicester as a big club myself

They are like Derby or Forest 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but if you use that yardstick Bolton are 12th and Sheffield Wednesday 15th 

I'm not disagreeing with you as i don't see Leicester as a big club myself

They are like Derby or Forest 

I definitely consider Sheffield Wednesday as a traditional top flight club.  Probably due to them being top flight (and pretty good) in the late 80s and 90s.

Same for Derby and Forest. Definitely not Leicester.

• Like 1

No one worth their weight in gold gives a rats who is a big club or not, it's childish.

Dean Smith with Shakey is the big scoop from Leicester ITKs.

Wouldn't be a bad move as Leicester's fixtures don't look too bad, an half decent manager should keep them up, if he can keep them up going to boost his rep.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Smith could be a good shout actually, Maddison can be his new Grealish, albeit I don’t think he’s as good nor do they have the same qualities.

I’d be surprised if they go down but at the same time not. They’ve not done well in the transfer market since winning the league and now that Vardy is essentially finished (totally anonymous last night) they don’t look that good a side, on paper or in practice.

I think there are various yardsticks to mark a big club, not just years in the top flight. Honours count as well.

Forest have spent the same amount of time in the top flight as small heath. Yet, i'd class Forest as much bigger due to their duel European Cups and the league win.

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Smith could be a good shout actually, Maddison can be his new Grealish, albeit I don’t think he’s as good nor do they have the same qualities.

I’d be surprised if they go down but at the same time not. They’ve not done well in the transfer market since winning the league and now that Vardy is essentially finished (totally anonymous last night) they don’t look that good a side, on paper or in practice.

They could do a lot worse. Smith's resume is pretty good:

• knows how to stave off relegation from the PL? ✅
  • knows how to setup a strong culture within a club? ✅
  • knows how to go on a run of good results? ✅
  • will engineer a way to lose whenever they play Villa? ✅

Think the bottom two are gone, the other spot is between Forest, Leeds and Everton.

Sadly, I think Wet Spam and Custard Bowl Nobbers will be safe.

On 05/04/2023 at 17:15, GlobalVillan said:

I definitely consider Sheffield Wednesday as a traditional top flight club.  Probably due to them being top flight (and pretty good) in the late 80s and 90s.

Same for Derby and Forest. Definitely not Leicester.

Derby were huge (under Clough). Forest were huge (under Clough).

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Apparantly Maddison, who was captain, told their fans to f off twice. 

Now he's deactivated his twitter 😂😂

What a knobber. 

He was strongly linked to Newcastle in Jan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he joins in the summer. What a word removed.

• Like 1

Â