Leicester City

Villan4Life

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was strongly linked to Newcastle in Jan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he joins in the summer. What a word removed.

Def be gone, no arsing about in the Championship for him.

Bellend.

10 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I reckon it could be Dean Smith in the end.

I could see that actually. They need to appoint someone pretty sharpish, and Deano is available and would want it. He did guide another team out of a seemingly hopeless cause as well. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Dodging a bullet. Marsch seems a bit of a con man. They’d be relegated for sure with him.

This is the second job he's not agreed personal terms over. Appears he has a very high opinion of himself. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Think they should go for Rafa tbh. 

Think he will shithouse some wins. 

Leicester dont have the players for his defensive style. Plus his last 2 jobs have been failures

Thats two clubs marsch has beoken down with now. Think thats it for him in PL now.

I think rafa personally.

But the dream would be bruce. He hasnt done leicester  yet i dont think so a new club for him ro ruin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Oh no he isn’t 

Pretty bizarre as Marsch pulled exactly the same stunt with Southampton, all but agreed to take over and then pulled out just as they were about to announce it.

I'm not exactly sure who he thinks will come in for him after his underwhelming Leeds stint if he still wants a job in England. Perhaps he thinks they'll be a vacancy soon with the USMNT which would be a good one to rebuild his reputation with 2026 world cup.

Leicester should just appoint Benitez. He'd get them more defensively secure which may be enough as they still have decent attackers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I could see that actually. They need to appoint someone pretty sharpish, and Deano is available and would want it. He did guide another team out of a seemingly hopeless cause as well. 

Would Deano want it? If he failed to keep them up, which is fairly likely, he'd have two relegations on his CV in 3 years. 

Both are fire fighting jobs but there's a risk people would forget that and just see him as failing to keeps clubs up and then not getting promoted back up. Forgetting the good stuff he did with us or seeing it as a fluke.

He needs to be careful with choosing his next job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Would Deano want it? If he failed to keep them up, which is fairly likely, he'd have two relegations on his CV in 3 years. 

Both are fire fighting jobs but there's a risk people would forget that and just see him as failing to keeps clubs up and then not getting promoted back up. Forgetting the good stuff he did with us or seeing it as a fluke.

He needs to be careful with choosing his next job.

He’d be better waiting until they actually get relegated. Then build them up for promotion.

Indeed, if he went in now he'll carry a bit of responsibility for the relegation into next season and lose some of that good will. I hope for his sake he's learned from the Norwich job. 

I also just doubt his ability as a firefighter manager. His strengths have seemed to me to be about building a good culture in the squad, he's not the kind of manager I'd want to bring in expecting to immediately shut up shop at the back and grind out some results n 8 games.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed, if he went in now he'll carry a bit of responsibility for the relegation into next season and lose some of that good will. I hope for his sake he's learned from the Norwich job. 

I also just doubt his ability as a firefighter manager. His strengths have seemed to me to be about building a good culture in the squad, he's not the kind of manager I'd want to bring in expecting to immediately shut up shop at the back and grind out some results n 8 games.

He took 5 points from his first 3 games at Norwich before they basically gave up so they would get a bounce from him coming in. Maddison form has dropped in last month which is terrible news for Leicester so they need someone to come in, put an arm round and tell him how brilliant he is, DS did all that with Grealish.

Madison isn't as good as he is made out to be either, while he is capable of moments of quality he can be bullied out of games easily. Their biggest hope is getting organised at the back and making themselves hard to beat as they are rather toothless up front now that Vardy is finished. While Barnes, Tete, Iheanacho are inconsistent while Daka was a massive disappointment. They have some awful defenders, Amartey is probably the most limited centre half in the league yet has played loads for them this season.

Â