Leicester City

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, BOF said:

It was madness, but I've a hard job castigating him.  What he did was honourable and it's what we as fans like to see.  He hung around to see out the Leicester story, as did Mahrez. Even in all probability to the detriment of the player's career.  Good lad.  Silly lad.

I disagree with the bolded bit (everything else I agree with)... i think his career would have regressed at Arsenal as I don't think he would have been first choice. 

He stayed loyal, obviously with a massive new contract, and I hugely respect him for that. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have any top flight champions ever been relegated in defence of their title? 

I believe Man City were relegated in 1937-38 having won it the year before.

Interesting to see who won the second tier division that season too :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's see how they do when they face their first half-decent opposition in Europe. 

Porto are half decent tbf. I think their problem is their two main players have not performed anywhere near the same level as they did last season. Not surprisingly given how brilliant they were they would have a dip the following season. same with Payet at west Ham

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The fickleness has already started to set in. They have been booed off more than once this season.

Yeah their fans have become a bit 'Man United', I find it hard to have a conversation with them now.

Â