Leicester City

Villan4Life

Shit little club with scum bag fans. I remember getting all sorts of abuse at Filbert Street including bricks being thrown (an old grudge, sure).

People don't have to like them just because they did something out of the ordinary. Just like any hatred of them doesn't necessarily need to be through jealousy. Maybe some just dislike them just because...! Football is full or irrational dislike. 

I dislike them because they're a shit little, scum bag club. Nothing to do with jealousy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't know how anyone can hate Leicester. They are every club's dream. Leicester was a team that went against all odds and managed to win the premier league with a bunch of relative nobodies and a minuscule wage bill compared to their predecessors. I hope they do well in the champs league. 

I've been to Filbert Street a few times and it was a truly unpleasant experience. Club sanctioned too, they deliberately put unreserved seating in the corner of the ground closest to the away fans so the local scumbags could hurl coins at them. 

On 07/12/2016 at 16:50, Czechlad said:

I don't know how anyone can hate Leicester. They are every club's dream. Leicester was a team that went against all odds and managed to win the premier league with a bunch of relative nobodies and a minuscule wage bill compared to their predecessors. I hope they do well in the champs league. 

I've always said that the biggest problem with Leicester wasn't Leicester themselves but the way a lot of non-Leicester fans reacted to their success. Yes it was an absolutely amazing achievement and should be recognised as such but some just went a bit overboard. I can remember a couple of times last season where fans of clubs playing Leicester (clubs who by the way still had stuff to play for) were going on about how they wanted their own team to lose because "THE LEICESTER FAIRYTALE".

I dunno, it just seems like people get a bit protective about them. I've been slated by a couple of people IRL for saying that I think luck played quite a big role in their title win. It's almost as if people get more defensive about Leicester than their own club. You're just expected to basically make Leicester your second team. I mean yeah well done to them for doing what they did but I don't support Leicester and Villa of course had a really shit season last year so don't expect me to be jumping for joy.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not too good to go down. 

They keep avoiding media attention by pulling results out every now and then. Play shit? Okay, but they won their Champions League group. Play shit? Okay, but they beat Man City. 

The fact is, they have played shit in 90% of their games this season, and Sunderland, in particular, have enough about them to catch them. 

They're back roughly where they should be. However, still think they are too good to go down. With the likes of Hull, Swansea and Sunderland there, they'll be ok 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Still not too good to go down. 

They keep avoiding media attention by pulling results out every now and then. Play shit? Okay, but they won their Champions League group. Play shit? Okay, but they beat Man City. 

The fact is, they have played shit in 90% of their games this season, and Sunderland, in particular, have enough about them to catch them. 

just have a look on foxestalk, it's hilarious 

Put a fiver on Everton to win today....couldn't believe they were actually 2/1 to win.

Leicester were missing Fuchs, Huth and Vardy suspended so three key elements and it's not like they've won many games when all three have been playing.

I think we'll see a lot of business from Leicester in January. They've relied too much on the old guard but central defence and midfield needs re-energizing.

Do that and they'll pull clear of the last spot, Swansea and Hull are as good as gone.

The teams that could, realistically, be relegated:

I agree with @VillaChris, Hull and Swansea are doomed, not so much in the points they have but in the way they play, there's no chance they can save themselves. But then that still leaves one place left to avoid, and someone has to fill it. Leicester have 2 places, and 3 points, as a cushion. But you've got to think Palace will be fine, given Allardyce and the fact they have some genuinely good players. Palace have also scored a lot more goals than Leicester. And I hate to give away spoilers, but I've seen this movie before, and Sunderland get better in the end. They get jammy, and Defoe starts to score. 

Leicester's best hope, I suspect, is that Middlesbrough or Burnley don't strengthen and continue to have difficulty scoring. But they need reinforcements in January, at CB, CM, RB and ST at least.  

Don't think they'll go down this season but it'll probably happen next season. Would be quite remarkable for them to be promoted, just about survive, win the league, just about survive and then relegated in the space of 5 seasons.

When you start games with Wes Morgan and Wasilewski as your centre half pairing you are always going to get done. Leicester literally need to sign two new centre halves, Morgan and Huth have reverted to type and they have utter shite on reserve in that position, massive oversight in the summer.

• Like 1

Â