Leicester City

Villan4Life

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks like they have stopped playing for this guy too.

**** 'em.

err no, they just found their level. I think they'll stay up but like a lot of teams in the premier league they struggle to get more than 45 points. 

Shame that. Will have to steal someone else's job now.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

err no, they just found their level. I think they'll stay up but like a lot of teams in the premier league they struggle to get more than 45 points. 

They spent 50m on two strikers this summer. This should not be their level.

• Like 1

Well he was only a stand-in manager to begin with but did so well that they gave him the permanent job so wasn't gong to take much to sack him. I think its harsh because they have had a tough start to the season and havn't played that badly. So new manager bounce again then another bad run and he gets sacked. 

Yeah on one hand their 4 defeats have been to Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool, but on the other they've drawn with Huddersfield, Bournemouth & West Brom.  It's hard to see where your wins are going to come from if you're not beating any of those.  Add in the pressure and expectation of being a recent Premier League winner and then of having an unproven manager in charge, and what you get is a jittery owner.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has little baring on what he done this season mind. 

At such an early stage of this season I'd say it has quite a lot of bearing. But I take your point.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Shame that. Will have to steal someone else's job now.

They spent 50m on two strikers this summer. This should not be their level.

Net spend of £35m according to transfer market which is nothing special given the money in the premier league. Scrapping around trying to avoid the drop in mid table is definitely their level. Also inenacho was a bit of a gamble given that he was only a bit part player for city and had the likes of David Silva providing him with service. It's a bit different playing counter attack football with the foxes. 

Edited by villa89

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Net spend of £35m according to transfer market which is nothing special given the money in the premier league. Scrapping around trying to avoid the drop in mid table is definitely their level. Also inenacho was a bit of a gamble given that he was only a bit part player for city and had the likes of David Silva providing him with service. It's a bit different playing counter attack football with the foxes. 

Quite true with Silva and De Bruyne its hard not to score goals in that city side. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah on one hand their 4 defeats have been to Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool, but on the other they've drawn with Huddersfield, Bournemouth & West Brom.  It's hard to see where your wins are going to come from if you're not beating any of those.  Add in the pressure and expectation of being a recent Premier League winner and then of having an unproven manager in charge, and what you get is a jittery owner.

He beat Stoke, West Ham, Palace and Watford in last seasons run in. They've played none of those teams yet.

They've never beaten West Brom at home since moving grounds. When they won the title they only drew with West Brom at home so not sure why they should be demanding a win from that one.

Huddersfield aren't easy to beat at home, they won 1-0 against Newcastle and drew 0--0 with Southampton.

I genuinely think if you look at all the fixtures they've played Bournemouth away is the only one you can stay was a poor performance and result. All the other games have been very tricky fixtures.

Teams like Swansea, Southampton and West Brom have all had much easier starts in that all three have only played 1 of the likely top 6 this season. You've got Huddersfield dropping like a stone and they did actually beat Brighton comfortably enough in their first home game.

I think it's a harsh sacking and would've liked to have seen him get longer as to me there's little danger Leicester will go down but on the same point if they were targeting top 10 I can also understand why they decided to make an early change. In fairness Leicester board have called the previous two managerial sackings correctly when plenty were questioning both decisions.

Â