Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Net spend of £35m according to transfer market which is nothing special given the money in the premier league. Scrapping around trying to avoid the drop in mid table is definitely their level. Also inenacho was a bit of a gamble given that he was only a bit part player for city and had the likes of David Silva providing him with service. It's a bit different playing counter attack football with the foxes. 

Big one for me was Leicester totally messing up Adrien Silva signing. They actually first targeted him under Ranieri, chased him all summer and then signed him too late to register.

He is a quality midifelder who would make a difference to their side. I was actually going to type last night Shakespeare would probably never get the chance to pick him through no fault of his own. Iborra is another who only made his debut last night so they've had a much weakened midfield all season than they should've.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The chap who was 14 seconds late to be registered

1. He plays in midfield (I assumed you meant Musa or Slimani who were both Ranieri signings who have flopped). Edit: or Rodders,similar colour Avatars!

2. That can't really be criteria to sack him. Board say to him we're potting you for signing a player for 25m who you've never had available to play as we messed about with the fee all summer and then the fax machine broke at 11pm. :lol:

Seriously shouldn't someone like Pellegrino be in more danger of the sack. Southampton seem to be playing a home game every week and yet their results are utterly mediocre. This was a team who sacked their previous manager for finishing 8th and being in a cup final.

Edited by VillaChris

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Step up from Shakespeare isn't he? 

Very, very debateable.

He'll probably keep them up. But then again Shakespeare probably would have too. Pardew won't deliver anything more than that.

The standard Pardew trajectory is to really turn things around for somewhere between 2 and four months and then be desperate for a year or so before he's sacked. So it's probably too early in the season to appoint him. 

It's just a shit, unimaginative appointment really. You know what he's got to give and what he hasn't, and he basically doesn't stack up, so why bother?

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very, very debateable.

He'll probably keep them up. But then again Shakespeare probably would have too. Pardew won't deliver anything more than that.

1 good season followed by a terrible season. That is Pardew. I’m not sure Shakespeare is worse.

Pardew would be very underwhelming for their fanbase. I think he'll pop up in the championship before the season is out.

Saw Mancini linked today. Can see that, a "name", managed and done well in the prem before and actually played for Leicester. Coleman would be another interesting option.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 19:20, VillaChris said:

Pardew would be very underwhelming for their fanbase. I think he'll pop up in the championship before the season is out.

Saw Mancini linked today. Can see that, a "name", managed and done well in the prem before and actually played for Leicester. Coleman would be another interesting option.

Coleman would be a disaster, he has done well with Wales but his club record is shite

• Like 2

On 18/10/2017 at 19:27, villakram said:

Lot of big money signings and contracts that they'll do well to get any money back from... though if they've taken the Thai owners to the cleaners that isn't such a bad thing.

Why so? Yes I am aware from here (VT) there has been alledged avoidance of possible FFP because of being promoted etc.. same with Bournemouth, and there was the introduction of those opinion splitting clapper thingys, but why because they are Thai?

Â