Leicester City

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What's gone down?

No real idea how bad it was

Watch the ugly scenes at Villa Park that followed Leicester City's loss to Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup last night in our video player above.

As Villa fans poured onto the pitch, these scenes played out in the away end with footage appearing to show travelling Leicester City fans in an altercation with stewards and police officers.

The incident took place in Aston Villa's North Stand - where Leicester City fans were seated.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-city-police-clash-cup-3788498

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Really?  From all Leicester fans I know (there's a few working in Notts), they don't consider us a rival at all.

Of course they say that we don't matter...

And it true if you consider that the Nottingham clubs and Derby have a big rivalry with Leicester as soon as another Midlands club hits a purple patch they love to beat Villa.

I can remember some real excitement from Stoke once they started to beat us.....Coventry also got quite excited.

We were tops dogs in the entire region for a generation.

The do like to beat us.

• 5 months later...

I haven't really caught that many of their games, but just tuned in to this. How reliant have they been on Vardy in the past years? Feel like they will be in deep trouble once he leaves/retires as they seen to struggle without him. 

They seemed to have been hit by a hammer blow when Liverpool destroyed them at Christmas time. I also think some of the big early season players went off the boil after that game

Ayoze Perez was having probably having his best season and seemed to crash, could also say the same for Maddison he is having a similar time to Grealish I think though he has been injured a couple of games recently.  I havent seen much but some media were also calling out Soyuncu calling him shocking in the last few months and labelling him headless compared to his calmness before

Hopefully they can take that last Champions League spot ahead of Chelsea, I think United will power past both in the coming games

13 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They’ve been pretty savvy in the transfer market, I’m sure they’ll have some replacements lined up.  

Said this before... Been excellent in the transfer market apart from strikers

Spent a lot of money on some bang average strikers 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I haven't really caught that many of their games, but just tuned in to this. How reliant have they been on Vardy in the past years? Feel like they will be in deep trouble once he leaves/retires as they seen to struggle without him. 

Irreplaceable. The way hes going I think he has a season or two left in him though. They deserve a champions league spot. 

I'd be very surprised if they sacked Rodgers, he's done a great job there so far.  This is his first full season, they are punching above their weight and I think they'll find out tomorrow or Tuesday if 5th is good enough for a spot in the big cup. 

Aye, but every striker they've bought since Vardy has been as a backup to Vardy. He's the main man, when he does hang up his boots they might be looking at going a bit more upmarket than Man City reserves or a bloke who has had one good season in the Portuguese leagues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if Leicester throw away Champions League will they sack Rodgers, Ranieri did a lot more and was removed from his position

Why would they? Ranieri was sacked after a bad run the following season left them in relegation trouble. 

Leicester's form since Christmas has only been marginally better than relegation form, have taken just eleven points from the last twelve games, they were twelve when they sacked Puel, they're not the kind of club that waits to drop into the relegation zone before sacking the manger. Rodgers will probably survive this season, but if he gets off to a bad start then he'll be at risk of losing his job.

Just had a look on 'Foxestalk' and there's a 'Rodgers out' thread, only looked at the first page, but seems a surprising amount of them are in agreement.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if Leicester throw away Champions League will they sack Rodgers, Ranieri did a lot more and was removed from his position

They'd have been relegated if they didn't sack Ranieri.

Said it at the time. Sacking him was the best thing they could do for him. He now is still remembered as the guy that won them the league and was repaid by being cruelly sacked soon after. When in reality he was going to get them relegated and his reputation would have taken far more of a hit if he'd led defending champions into the championship

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â