Leicester City

Villan4Life

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, PaulC said:

wishful thinking. :)

I dunno, despite what he did towards the end of the season how many time have we seen assistant managers do well full time? 

It's a good point.

He did very well results wise I thought considering they couldn't even score a league goal when Ranieri was potted but we've seen many times it's completely different when a caretaker number 2 who can still be pals with the players suddenly has to be the ruthless number one.

I think Leicester going back to fewer games will learn a bit from last season and be steady mid table and maybe sneak top half.

He'll fail.  It's one thing keeping a ship sailing.  It's another thing getting a ship sailing.  I know they were struggling when Ranieri was sacked, but they had a winning formula they could revert to, and Shakespeare reverted to that.  What people aren't factoring in, and what I think will be every bit as damaging to them is they are going to lose quality players this summer.  Not the least of which will be Riyad Mahrez.  So you'll have a number 2 having to go out and pick his own new summer transfers; something he's never had to do before; get them into his setup, get them playing and do so while losing players.

As I said on twitter yesterday, you can get them at 16/1 for the drop with William Hill and at 14s pretty much everywhere else.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Slimy.:lol: Ranieri himself said he had no issue with Shakespeare.His beef was with their DOF.

From what I've seen they haven't been that bad this season but just fallen the wrong side of games and yeah he won't survive much longer with them being in the bottom 3.

Bad luck though to get in Adrien Silva and not even have him available until January because their admin were too slow to register him.

Reality is Leicester are a bottom half team but expectations inflated due to the biggest anomaly of a season we've ever seen in football in recent times.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I was going to post how crap Mahrez is now but then he scores. Biggest let down is Iheanacho. You expect more for 25 mil, but he could still come good. Leicester will be ok. far worse teams down there. 

its only his 2nd start in fairness

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

think slimy Shakespeare be looking for a new job soon

Sorry Zatman but I was thinking about what you wrote yesterday about Klopp nearly  taking Dortmund down. The same could be said of Ranieri with Leicester ;)

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I was going to post how crap Mahrez is now but then he scores. Biggest let down is Iheanacho. You expect more for 25 mil, but he could still come good. Leicester will be ok. far worse teams down there. 

Ihenancho didn't really want to join them. They agreed a few with Man. City and he took 3 weeks to actually sign so I'd have swerved on him tbh.

They lost Drinkwater last day and Iborra who was signed to replace him only made his debut tonight so he's been unlucky with trying to integrate new signings into the team.

They never beat West Brom at home anyway. Title winning season they only drew with them.

Just now, PaulC said:

Sorry Zatman but I was thinking about what you wrote yesterday about Klopp nearly  taking Dortmund down. The same could be said of Ranieri with Leicester ;)

but nobody has ever said Ranieri was a great manager ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Ihenancho didn't really want to join them. They agreed a few with Man. City and he took 3 weeks to actually sign so I'd have swerved on him tbh.

They lost Drinkwater last day and Iborra who was signed to replace him only made his debut tonight so he's been unlucky with trying to integrate new signings into the team.

They never beat West Brom at home anyway. Title winning season they only drew with them.

Yes bit of a better game that one. Great freekick by our ex player saved West Brom that day 

Â