Leicester City

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ridiculous decision to let Albrighton go when we did, however are we sure it was Lambert's decision? I believe he wanted to offer him a contract, the club stonewalled it. 

Either way, nobody could see this coming surely.

I never heard that Lambert wanted to keep him.

A lot of people saw that he could be a very useful weapon. He has a very good delivery, is always brave never shying away from the ball or taking on a player. I liked him from his breakthrough at the Peace Cup and Houllier had him firing on all cylinders. 

An injury kept him out under Lambert who never gave him a run and then he got injured again. Then the club shipped him out over the summer. Someone at the club should have pointed out all of what I said above, and that we had invested years in him. He was a proven effective Premier League player at what 21? and we just let him leave. Criminal.

Edited by TheAuthority

Was typing when penalty was awarded....

Looks like I'll have egg on my face after predicting a comfortable Sevilla win over two legs...

Said it all season though for all their talent and great forward play Sevilla are very mediocre at the back and give away plenty of cheap goals from high balls...they've just been able to outscore teams in La Liga although goals seem to have dried up for them lately.

If they had Villareal's defensive steel then you'd have a team fully capable of challenging Barca and Madrid for the title.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

In fairness, if we'd kept Albrighton I don't think he'd have done much here. Could say the same about a lot of players that have left.

If we'd had a decent manager since Houllier they might have.

I wonder if Vardy might get something retrospective for that - in fairness to the sneering little ninny involved, he hasn't touched him. If Pepe had done it I'd want him banned, I think we should be looking for the same for Vardy.

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I really want Sevilla to win this. I can't abide some of those Leicester players - Vardy and Huth in particular.  There must be something about having that particular shape of chin that makes you an odious clearing in the woods.

Chins like that are made to be hit. Fact.

• Like 1

Â