Leicester City

Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Well done Leicester, a great evening of the sort that i wish we could have back at villa park, but Vardy's behaviour has taken the shine off it for me a little bit.

I think Vardy is a tit but that was a brilliant bit of gamesmanship.  Nasri should not have got involved on a yellow.  They were camped on the edge of the Leicester box and that one bit of sly play contributed to Leicester going through.   

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

In fairness, if we'd kept Albrighton I don't think he'd have done much here. Could say the same about a lot of players that have left.

We've got a pretty good collection of former players who have Premier League winners medals.  I think at least the last five Champions of England (Leicester, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Manchester City) have had a former Villa player in the team. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

a better team will embarrass Leicester on the performance over 2 legs

I really hope they get Bayern

Well, Aston Villa beat Bayern in a final a few years ago...

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Nasri and Vardy are 2 rocket polishers and football be a better more enjoyable sport without gobshites like that involved in it. Luis Suarez is another one you could add to that list

The first one I agree with because he has wasted his talent. the other other two have got the maximum out of what ability they have.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ridiculous decision to let Albrighton go when we did, however are we sure it was Lambert's decision? I believe he wanted to offer him a contract, the club stonewalled it. 

Either way, nobody could see this coming surely.

I don't remember Lambert mentioning wanting to offer a contract. Marc would've been mad to accept it anyway. Lambert just didn't seem to trust him, he would play one good game and then be dropped the next match. 

Anyway back on topic, congrats to Leicester it's such a great story. Even though I fully expect them to get hammered next round unless they get city where it could be a close game.

Good for them, sorry for Ranieri. Pleased for Marc. I see Samir Nasri is still a massive clearing in the woods. Huge payday for LCFC this coming QF. I bet you they draw Barca..

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I am glad we got rid of Marc. He was clearly one of our better players, and we would've ruined his career. Now he is a premier league winner and in the quarters of the champs league. No way he achieves that with us. Marc is honestly a great bloke and wish him the best. Us not giving him a contract was the best thing for his career. 

But goddamn we are complete idiots for letting him go. 

Yep I agree. Congratulations Marc very happy for him. Seems like a genuine nice bloke as well.

When you think we wouldn't pay him 30k back then yet we paid the fat oaf McCormack it really is frustrating 

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

We've got a pretty good collection of former players who have Premier League winners medals.  I think at least the last five Champions of England (Leicester, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Manchester City) have had a former Villa player in the team. 

of the current Premier League Top 10 only Arsenal dont have an ex-Villa player on their books

Â