Leicester City

Villan4Life

So the fans aren’t too happy with Puel then I understand. To be expected after getting tonked 5-0 by Palace, but apparently they were unhappy before.

It must be a bit strange to be a Leicester supporter at the moment. Maybe strange isn’t the right word, but it’s not obvious what it is they now expect. 

Currently 9th in the league, they still have Mahrez, Vardy and a few others. Not quite sure what they realistically think they can achieve. Maybe it’s just “better” football they want. Southampton fans were also critical of Puel, but they were a lot more comfortable during his reign.

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So the fans aren’t too happy with Puel then I understand. To be expected after getting tonked 5-0 by Palace, but apparently they were unhappy before.

It must be a bit strange to be a Leicester supporter at the moment. Maybe strange isn’t the right word, but it’s not obvious what it is they now expect. 

Currently 9th in the league, they still have Mahrez, Vardy and a few others. Not quite sure what they realistically think they can achieve. Maybe it’s just “better” football they want. Southampton fans were also critical of Puel, but they were a lot more comfortable during his reign.

I thought it was more the players.  Leicester's players have apparently downed tools (yet again, lol, what a great bunch) for their manager so I don't think he'll be there at the start of next season.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I thought it was more the players.  Leicester's players have apparently downed tools (yet again, lol, what a great bunch) for their manager so I don't think he'll be there at the start of next season.

Maybe the Southampton players downed tools, but this and several other reports following a quick google suggest that the fans were far from unhappy that he left -

Southampton supporters were quick to have their say on the rumour via social media, and many were unsurprised and relieved that he is set to leave St Mary’s....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/southampton-fans-react-as-club-looks-set-to-sack-claude-puel/amp

But yes I agree about the “great bunch” comment regarding Leicester players. I think that attitude from the players is also coming across to the fans too.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

17 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah i remember some of our fans getting the hump with 3 consecutive top 6 finishes.

Be careful what you wish for sports fans! 

• 1 year later...

Seen quite a few Leicester fans talking about how they need to go out and get Grealish. Now I know they're doing very well this season but he's surely at a level such that he could do a lot better than Leicester. I seriously doubt Leicester are going to become a consistent top 3 side. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seen quite a few Leicester fans talking about how they need to go out and get Grealish. Now I know they're doing very well this season but he's surely at a level such that he could do a lot better than Leicester. I seriously doubt Leicester are going to become a consistent top 3 side. 

Youd hope not but say we went down and his bumchums Chilwell and Maddison get in his ear, its fairly close to home, probable CL football and Brendan is clearly a fan (like the rest of the world is now). They have a good core of young English players, owner is cake-o....stranger things have happened (Like Leicester winning the league and getting another go in the UCL before us). Could see it happening.

Despite the fact that they won the title a few years back, they would have been desperate to win last night, they haven't been to a major final in twenty years, and as well as they're doing this season, they're not a Liverpool, Man CIty, United Et cetera who are always going to be challenging for honours year on year, so have to take opportunities like last night, as it could be a while before they get this close to reaching a major final and winning a trophy for a while.

As for Grealish, can't see him going there, there's every chance that they themselves will lose their better players (including both Chillwell and Maddison) over the coming seasons and go back to being a midtable side at best, doubt they could afford him anyway.

for the price that jack would cost Leicester would be better off spending it on the squad, they're still reliant on vardy, not sure what's happened with the highly rated benkovic but evans is now 32 and morgan is still in the squad so need another CB, they need wide men (barnes and gray are top 4 squad players at best, albrighton should move on) and I personally think Schmeichel is declining

would also add that whenever ive seen him before I liked the look of him but grealish and target absolutely rinsed Riccardo last night

agree with @useless too, they must have seen us as a golden opportunity and be royally disappointed, a bit like wolves last season losing to Watford, cup finals definitely still have their place, I might be wrong here but the only game Leicester have played at new Wembley will be the charity shield which they lost

45 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Youd hope not but say we went down and his bumchums Chilwell and Maddison get in his ear, its fairly close to home, probable CL football and Brendan is clearly a fan (like the rest of the world is now). They have a good core of young English players, owner is cake-o....stranger things have happened (Like Leicester winning the league and getting another go in the UCL before us). Could see it happening.

By all accounts Chilwell will be signing for Chelsea and Leicester fans seem to think Maddison be going to United 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I have seen some absolutely garbage away support in my lfietime, but these guys take the biscuit.

Utterly pathetic. Tinpot.

Seriously?

I thought they were pretty decent last night. Not the best I've seen but miles from the worst. They were loud.

35 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

It’s the same inferiority issues that Blues WBA Coventry and Wolves have all had over the years to a lesser or greater extent.

They get a good team but no matter how good they get the benchmark is always us....

Really?  From all Leicester fans I know (there's a few working in Notts), they don't consider us a rival at all.

Â