Leicester City

Villan4Life

As much as I am enjoying Leicester doing well in the champs league, I gotta say their opponents have definitely helped. The group Leicester was put in was arguably the easiest group, and then getting Sevilla whom have had a history of choking in the champs league was favorable. BUT still, fair play to Leicester because they still had to win those matches. If they make it past this round, then I'd really fancy them to win the Champs league. 

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

They don't play like other English sides do in Europe. Maybe that's the key! Credit to them to be our last hope. Sad indictment for the Premier League that only little Leicester are left.

Yep they can actually keep clean sheets.

English clubs really struggle to do that now which is detrimental.

Look back to 2005-11 and the seasons English clubs made finals and look at how they were all capable of shutting out teams home and away. Now we have Arsenal conceding 10 goals over two legs and Man. City 6.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep they can actually keep clean sheets.

English clubs really struggle to do that now which is detrimental.

Look back to 2005-11 and the seasons English clubs made finals and look at how they were all capable of shutting out teams home and away. Now we have Arsenal conceding 10 goals over two legs and Man. City 6.

Yet we have posters in On Topic claiming defensive teams never do well! :) 

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

As much as I am enjoying Leicester doing well in the champs league, I gotta say their opponents have definitely helped. The group Leicester was put in was arguably the easiest group, and then getting Sevilla whom have had a history of choking in the champs league was favorable. BUT still, fair play to Leicester because they still had to win those matches. If they make it past this round, then I'd really fancy them to win the Champs league. 

I agree the group was favourable and so it should have been as it is the champions league. Sevilla was a very tough draw given their form as the third best  la liga team this season and their history of winning the Europa  league. Arguably you could say Man City had the easier draw.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PaulC said:

How do you know. From my experience he is a nice guy.

have you met him to elaborate on this? for me he is like a poor mans Sam Allardyce with his arrogance

On 4/16/2017 at 13:19, PaulC said:

Ranieri said that that there was someone within the club working against him but we don't know if that was Shakespeare, what we do no is they haven't looked back since his sacking.  

I think the insinuation that he was talking about Shakespeare was very, very clear personally. 

Whether it's true or not is a different matter of course. 

Â