Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Even in our current state I think we will spend money. I think Lambert was probably given 5-10 million to spend. Instead of bringing in 3-4 players with that money like last year.. I think Lambert has chosen to buy 1 good player with those funds and fill the squad with freebies. Its probably going to be a DM.

Bring in Gareth Barry and a leftback, and I'll be fairly happy with the team (obviously, considering our current situation).

----- Gabby -- Benteke/ Kozak -----

-------------- Cole ---------------

-- Delph -------------- Westwood --

-------------- Barry --------------

LB ---- Vlaar ------ Okore -- Bacuna

-------------- Guzan ---------------

Subs: Steer, Clark, Senderos, KEA, Grealish, N/Zogbia/ Kozak, Weimann

• Like 1

Obviously Barry is never going to play for us again, and it's just pointless saying 'if only we could sign him, then we would be okay'. There are a lot of players who are out of our league who would improve the side, but it's kind of by the by really. 

One of the journos on twitter last night said that Lambert has 10m available to him but that includes wages.

Offer Barry 50k a week and that'll still leave around 7.5 million on a leftback and then I think we are good!

Obviously Barry is never going to play for us again, and it's just pointless saying 'if only we could sign him, then we would be okay'. There are a lot of players who are out of our league who would improve the side, but it's kind of by the by really.

How do you know Barry is never going to play for us again?

Are there any good free DM's at the mo? That has to be looked at for next season + LB and if I'm being greedy another winger

I'd take Seb Larson as a free winger

I wouldn't. He is the epitome of average.

He'd fit right in then!

Sylla will be off shortly, I think Lowton and/or Bennett will follow as well. I guess that would add some funds to the kitty.

Got some information on Sylla then?

Nothing more really than what is already out there, he wants to leave.

Sylla will be off shortly, I think Lowton and/or Bennett will follow as well. I guess that would add some funds to the kitty.

Got some information on Sylla then?

Nothing more really than what is already out there, he wants to leave.

So by "will be off shortly" you really mean "wants to leave" ;)