Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

From the Bendtner thread:

Scores alot of headers and his big and able to hold the ball up but with Kozak and Benteke back as some point bit too much IMO

Borrini from Liverpool on loan might be better option , different player but one who was getting into form at tail end of season.

I would love Borini on loan. I don't know if Liverpool have plans for him -- they need depth with their extra Champions League games, but then they also seem to be targeting a lot of attacking players like Lallana and others. If he's not in their plans, I think we should try to get him for a season. He can do well leading the line, but can also play on the wing or just behind a central forward. He definitely offers us something we don't have -- I think he could pick up Benteke's slack while the big man recuperates, but can also slot in alongside him when CB returns.

The loan market is something that we should be targeting this summer if we are not going to be taken over. Does make you wonder what we are paying Joe Cole and if we could have got someone like Holtby in for a similar wage.

Although that would probably involve a loan fee that we wouldn't pay.

The loan market is something that we should be targeting this summer if we are not going to be taken over. Does make you wonder what we are paying Joe Cole and if we could have got someone like Holtby in for a similar wage.

Er no.

Does anyone think there is anything in the Bendtner rumours? The only real links are from twitter so I personally can't see it happening

Nah. Even if we were in for him I get the impression he considers himself better than a relegation battle.

Borini on loan would be a good signing for us.

I read somewhere earlier that Liverpool are looking at making Borini's time at Sunderland permanent, in a part exchange to get Adam Johnson in return.

Borini on loan would be a good signing for us.

I read somewhere earlier that Liverpool are looking at making Borini's time at Sunderland permanent, in a part exchange to get Adam Johnson in return.

That's madness. Borini's twice the player Johnson is, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Lots of twitter chatter that Mitchell Donald is the next one in on a freebie. Anyone heard this? Anyone know if hes any good if its true? I know he was at Roda and Ajax but never heard of him before. DM apparently.

Lots of twitter chatter that Mitchell Donald is the next one in on a freebie. Anyone heard this? Anyone know if hes any good if its true? I know he was at Roda and Ajax but never heard of him before. DM apparently.

Well his CV doesn't fill me with confidence. Being allowed to leave a relegated Dutch team on a free in the prime of his career is not a good sign. 

Did his cruciate right as he started to break into the Ajax side, got loaned out then sold shortly after returning, fairly steady presence for Roda since. Admittedly, not a great side, but he's been one of their better players. Can actually pass the ball, unlike Sylla, so that's a start.

All bollocks IMO. Something would come out of Holland.

Would have Borini over Gabby in a heartbeat.

A proper big game player.

I cannot see Liverpool letting him though with the CL this year, and if they do they are in a strong position to recoup the £9m(?) they paid.

In short, never going to happen :(

All bollocks IMO. Something would come out of Holland.

Probably. If Sylla leaves.. he will want another body to in the DM role (probably wants one anyway because Sylla is shit). This guy is free.. cheap wages and could potentially be a good signing. Just seems a very random link.

I cannot see Liverpool letting him though with the CL this year, and if they do they are in a strong position to recoup the £9m(?) they paid.

TBF To Gabby he normally is a big game player it's the other 80% of games that's the problem!

TBF To Gabby he normally is a big game player it's the other 80% of games that's the problem!

TBF to Gabby he normally is a big game player when he's 100% fit it's the other 80% of games that's the problem!