Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm very suspicious of this Canales bid. The likes of Tom Ross and Nick Mashiter are going to great lengths to tell us Villa have definitely bid. Sounds a bist like something the club have put out just to show they're trying to buy players knowing well it won't happen. Of course I could be completely wrong and I hope I am.

This old chestnut again.

Why does every link to a player we want have to be something cooked up by the club just to make it look like we're trying to sign exciting players? Why is it so hard for some people to understand that there are lots of deals that clubs intend to follow through with but don't for various reasons out of their control?

Just seems to happen at our club too regularly. Especially when villa are known for bein extremely tight lipped about transfers. Was it last January where we heard afterwards that the club had intended to make an £8m-£10m signing as well? Edited by limvillian

Canales? The Canales that's valued at 30m?

30m is his release clause, not his value. Players in spain are given massive release clauses as par for the course. I think it might be some part of spanish law or something. Release clause figure =/= value

You can all stop having a go at the Leicester fan now, because what he's said is right.

Retweeted by dvi

Reported #avfc target Sergio Canales, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fernando Llorente at an Adidas event in Madrid #realmadrid pic.twitter.com/MjB98N17f2

Can't a transfer be done without the player even coming over?

Edited by Daniel

You can all stop having a go at the Leicester fan now, because what he's said is right.

Retweeted by dvi

Reported #avfc target Sergio Canales, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fernando Llorente at an Adidas event in Madrid #realmadrid pic.twitter.com/MjB98N17f2

Can't a transfer be done without the player even coming over?

For a player that's torn his ACL twice and a hamstring, I think you'd want to have a pretty thorough medical.

• Like 1