Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I just think on Deeney he is going to be a decent player at this level and someone will take a chance on him.

He's OK but he's not exactly a hot new prospect. He's older than Benteke, Kozak and Weimann.

I agree he's out of our price range at the minute though.

I just think on Deeney he is going to be a decent player at this level and someone will take a chance on him.  If he proves to be decent he will be out of our range,  arguably he is already

Yeah possibly, but imo it's just too much money for a 3-4th choice striker.

Almost always is when it comes to young english players performing in the Championship.

Edit. Did not realize he's already 26

Edited by sne

To play Devil's Advocate on Deeney, I don't think it matters that he's a nose. If we'd kept him while he was with us at youth level, and played for the first team, would we care? I know I wouldn't. If anything I would say it would make him more determined to do well, as he'd probably have a section of boo boys on his back, straight away. If Jamie Carragher can play for Liverpool, why can't Deeney play for Villa? At the end of the day, he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer.

Now back in the real world, there is absolutely no way in the world we'll spend anywhere near what it would const to bring him in, so you might as well forget about this one straight off.

To play Devil's Advocate on Deeney, I don't think it matters that he's a nose. If we'd kept him while he was with us at youth level, and played for the first team, would we care? I know I wouldn't. If anything I would say it would make him more determined to do well, as he'd probably have a section of boo boys on his back, straight away. If Jamie Carragher can play for Liverpool, why can't Deeney play for Villa? At the end of the day, he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer.

Now back in the real world, there is absolutely no way in the world we'll spend anywhere near what it would const to bring him in, so you might as well forget about this one straight off.

Well because of the over inflated prices paid for Rhodes and McCormack I think Deeney will be very poor value for any Prem team.

I really dislike the idea  of signing Deeney. I think we could get much better for the money he would cost. Not sure he would make the step up either.

A striker shouldn't be priority. We need an attacking midielder/winger before a striker.

Edited by PieFacE

Like the idea of Depay - scored a cracker at the WC which will probably add a few million onto his price tag. Think we need to replace Gabby with a flamboyant winger. Deal was all done last January if you believe twatter......

He is, according to people who know him, as anti villa as "they" get. He'd lose the respect of all of his friends and with Troy Deeney that is more important than his career. Not every footballer is as professional as you'd like to think.

If we were his only option or we were offering him champions league football then maybe. But we're not and we can't. Either way, he's too expensive and not good enough. And he hates the club, which is never a good start!

• Like 1