Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I think Pochettino likes Holtby, been playing a lot both in pre season and played in their first match this season. I love to see him here as he has a eye for that killer pass and literally works his socks of every game. Becomes fan favorite pretty fast as well, mostly because of his passion for the game and the way he performs!

Chadli didn't make the spuds squad vs West Ham on Saturday.  He might be a more realistic option if they want to loan him.  I've never seen much of him playing so dunno if he is any good.  Anybody on here rate him or have seen him playing a lot? 

Chadli didn't make the spuds squad vs West Ham on Saturday.  He might be a more realistic option if they want to loan him.  I've never seen much of him playing so dunno if he is any good.  Anybody on here rate him or have seen him playing a lot? 

I actually 'suggested' (threw his name in the mix) him in the last summer speculation thread before spuds bought him. Seen him play a couple of times but only seen his stats to be honest. Played well at FC Twente apparently - 18 goals in 38 appearances in total in his season before Spurs. Scored a few in the champions league (free kick against spurs included) as well. 

• Like 1

No way Spurs, of all teams would let him for that low price, especially given some of the silly money being paid for lesser players this summer.

Maybe we sent Keane and Sanchez down there to intimidate Levy?

Sanchez could get his thighs out and make Levy shit his pants. 

No way Spurs, of all teams would let him for that low price, especially given some of the silly money being paid for lesser players this summer.

Depends on whether he'll get in their 25 man squad or not really. Could be some clubs eager to shift a few bodies in the next 2 weeks, ourselves included. We're now up to capacity so any new signings mean an over 21 out on loan or for good

• Like 1

If they arent willing on selling Holtby... make an offer for Dembele or Sandro. Either permanent or on loan until we sell the club.

Dembele/Holtby Sanchez in the middle with Delph a little more advanced would be unreal

Dembele on loan would also keep Benteke happy. Once we have a takeover.. if hes done well we can sign him permanently.

Edited by KSV

Perhaps but not sure if they'd get away with it. Otherwise we could just do that to get all the players.

It was a joke...

Sorry that was meant to be my hilarious deadpan response.

Edited by useless

Trent, any thoughts on latest TBAR rumour about a takeover? Real or just another publicity stunt?

"All Senior Staff at VP have been told"  should tell you all you need to know about this rumour. As I have a said before the chance of a £200m takeover being concluded quietly are slim - Id file this latest rumour straight to the bin

• Like 1

Lazio to make a play for Vlaar... they have made him number 1 target.

Things could hot up... quite a few Serie A clubs want him.

Lazio would love him but think €8m is too much. He would be a fool to go to Lazio, apart from the weather, the food, the city and the amazing stuff a few hours drive from rome. For footballing reasons he'd be a fool. Especially seeing as Roma were apparently interested and Juventus have been linked too.

Lazio no european football, I think they are linking him so heavily just because di vrij has gone there.

Perhaps but not sure if they'd get away with it. Otherwise we could just do that to get all the players.

It was a joke...

His people are entirely literal. Jokes go right over his head.

It wouldn't go over his head his reflexes are too quick. He'd catch it...

• Like 4

Kagawa and Milner are wasted at the two Manchester clubs. Really can't see either getting much game time. No rumours or speculation unfortunately, but either on loan would be amazing.

They won't sell to title rivals  :) 

• Like 1

If they arent willing on selling Holtby... make an offer for Dembele or Sandro. Either permanent or on loan until we sell the club.

Dembele/Holtby Sanchez in the middle with Delph a little more advanced would be unreal

Dembele on loan would also keep Benteke happy. Once we have a takeover.. if hes done well we can sign him permanently.

I think Chadli would be more likely.

Chadli on loan or permanent would be a great bit of business and I'm almost sure that if we added him, we'd be comfortable mid table this season.

Yes it would.

I've no reason to think we are after him this summer so don't read too much into my post but I know for absolute certain he is a player we enquired about previously before he went to Spurs but we couldn't get close to the fee.