Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Milner's all about the flash in the pan anyway.

Eh? I'd say he's the exact opposite. He's one of the most consistent, "predictable" players in the league.

City know they're on to a good thing with him.

I was being slightly facetious and spiteful, of course I think he'd be a great signing but then I was thinking how I'm basing that on how he played during his last season with us when he played as central midfielder. I'd say that was probably the best season of his career so far but it's really the only season where he's being utiliised in this position. I just wondered if he'd come back and be as affective, as I imagine that's what a lot of people would expect.

The guy who told me about Rodwell and Sinclair both being allowed to leave, but only 1 could go because of their English quota, has confirmed that Sinclair won't be moving and this also means that of course Milner is going nowhere too.

Guidetti is the only real option available from them but he's not exactly done well on loan in the prem and has a big ego apparently. I wouldn't be considering anyone from them.

Zaha is a good option I would like us to go for

• Like 1

Agree samjp....never been over impressed by Holtby, and Zaha just has the look of  a player who will never play in a good side.Techically good, but not a team player.

Say it again, i believe Lestienne was linked with a £4m move , thats a bargain, reminds me of Coutinhio.

• Like 1

Zaha is dire, have you ever watched what he actually does? Skins a man and you think "nice! go on then do the rest" but nah he stops, cuts back and tries to skin the same player again and usually fails.

I think a winger and a central midfield player would be good business for us now.

I think a winger and a central midfield player would be good business for us now.

Who would you replace for two more players?  If my count is correct we have 27 players over 21, with Herd and Stevens likely not included we're still full at 25.

Edit:  Not a criticism, generally curious.  It seems like we can't add anymore over 21 players without dropping a member of the squad.

Edited by Houseoftomorrow

Sell Clark for 3 or 4 mil?

You might not be aware of this but Martin O'Neill isn't currently managing a club which makes this plan impossible. :)

Any new updates Trent? I'm seeing a lot of talk about Holtby on twitter but guessing it's rubbish

Who would you replace for two more players?  If my count is correct we have 27 players over 21, with Herd and Stevens likely not included we're still full at 25.

Edit:  Not a criticism, generally curious.  It seems like we can't add anymore over 21 players without dropping a member of the squad.

It's a good question. The Gnabry link makes more sense as he's under 21 and I assume loan players still count in that. I think we'd be seeing people leave before anyone else comes in and the only candidates I see are El Ahmadi and Vlaar, unless someone gambles on Bent. I'm fairly happy with the squad as it is tbh if we can tick over until Benteke is back.

No way Spurs, of all teams would let him for that low price, especially given some of the silly money being paid for lesser players this summer.

Maybe we sent Keane and Sanchez down there to intimidate Levy?

• Like 2