Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Keeps coming up on SSN that we have signed players I Nehemie & T Leggett for undisclosed fees from Southampton? 

Anyone else seen this in the RHS box when it comes to players in for the Villa?..

both youth players signed months ago i think.

The two Southampton youngsters?  Yeah it's down to Cortese working behind the scenes as secret CEO until the takeover is annouced.

Do keep up  ;)

I think I'm happy enough with this summers transfers.

We've got a CAM in Cole, who, when fit is still a good PL Player.

Senderos, I'm not a critic of him and think he'll become a solid enough buy this season.  There will be times when he messes up, but who doesn't?

Sanchez, Maybe our buy of the season?  He was very good at the WC and I really hope he can continue this form in the PL.  He's athletic and aggressive, the PL should suit him great.

Richardson is one I'm the most weary of.  He's a bit of a jack of all trades to me, I couldn't tell you what his best position is tbh.. Just an average footballer who will score a couple of goals this season.  That said, I think someone with his utility will be very useful.

The "bomb" squad are back and I think they look happy enough,  I was chuffed at Huttons celebration with Wiemann on Saturday, he looks pretty pleased.

I think 1 more "Glamour" signing would be the icing on the cake, but I wouldn't know where we need strengthening yet! :)

• Like 2

Id be interested in any player that can improve us to be honest.  I mean what if Cristiano Ronaldo said he was a blue nose would you not want him here?

What about the price tag? You've been predicting we'll be well relegated and haven't two pennies to rub together and now we're going to spend £10-15m on a Championship striker? Bit of a jump.

Never said we would spend it did I?  I said it would be a nice ending to the window and in my opinion it would be.  Holtby is probably more realistic and I think if we do sign another striker it will be a loan but who knows

I said it would be a nice ending to the window and in my opinion it would be.

So if we did have £10-15m left to spend, which we don't, you'd prefer it was spent on a striker with 0 top flight experience who will be on the bench as soon as our good strikers are back?

Fair enough I suppose.

I think we need a new striker for the following reasons

1. Gabby is woefully off form and in my opinion needs shipping out

2. Not sure Weimann is capable of playing lone striker role or that his role is necessarily that of an orthodox striker and his scoring record is weak

3. Bent is shot IMO and if we can shift him we will do

4. Kozak just returning from a long term injury who knows how he will perform when back

5. Benteke similar to Kozak but if he shows anything like his pre injury form he will be sold in January IMO

So I think we need a striker now to cover for that and so that the benteke miss post January is not a problem for us

Just my opinion though

Looking around at current alternatives and those players likely to move that we could attract and retain his was an obvious name.  I suppose we could get Hernandez on loan from Manure and as Ive said it would probably be a loan signing to cover eventualities and things we are not yet sure of,  Benteke's transfer for example.

• Like 1

Where do we discuss takeover news now? Over on TBAR they're acting like something is a done deal. Would be interested to get Trent's thoughts on it? (I'm thinking it's all probably bollocks tho!)

think ive heard that 15-20 times from TBAR since the season ended.

Where do we discuss takeover news now? Over on TBAR they're acting like something is a done deal. Would be interested to get Trent's thoughts on it? (I'm thinking it's all probably bollocks tho!)

I've got a Karl Pilkington gif that sums up my opinion of the done deal takeover.

Can you guess which one it is?

bullshit_pilkington.gif

Good guess.

• Like 4

Get a new striker next summer when Gabby and Bent's £120k is off the bill.

We will get away with it this year IMO.

Not sure we will and for the 1 to 5 reasons Ive said above. Be just like us to get the defence sorted and now we dont score enough

I think we need a new striker for the following reasons

1. Gabby is woefully off form and in my opinion needs shipping out

2. Not sure Weimann is capable of playing lone striker role or that his role is necessarily that of an orthodox striker and his scoring record is weak

3. Bent is shot IMO and if we can shift him we will do

4. Kozak just returning from a long term injury who knows how he will perform when back

5. Benteke similar to Kozak but if he shows anything like his pre injury form he will be sold in January IMO

So I think we need a striker now to cover for that and so that the benteke miss post January is not a problem for us

Just my opinion though

Looking around at current alternatives and those players likely to move that we could attract and retain his was an obvious name.  I suppose we could get Hernandez on loan from Manure and as Ive said it would probably be a loan signing to cover eventualities and things we are not yet sure of,  Benteke's transfer for example.

Deeney would not be my choice in any scenario, but if we managed to sell Bent and or Gabby/Weimann we would of course need new attacking options.

Atm i'd try and find an creative wingplayer preferably right footed (as i hope Cissikho will keep on bombing down the left flank) so that Weimann and Gabby would not be our first options on the flanks.

I just think on Deeney he is going to be a decent player at this level and someone will take a chance on him.  If he proves to be decent he will be out of our range,  arguably he is already