I wouldn't give £12 for him. He is bloody awful

Bertrand

Naughton

Holtby

Redmond

Welbeck

It's a great list. Sadly we can't afford anybody on it

• Like 1

I would rather go for a right-back with at least the potential to be better than Kyle Naughton at the very least. He isn't bad but he isn't exactly anything special either. Going for him is just straight out of the MON transfer handbook of domestic mediocrity.

• Like 1

I'm going to be controversial and say if Benteke goes we don't need to bring in another striker IF we  play to the strengths of the ones we have. If  we're having Kozak as the main man, we  need wingers. If it's Weimann/Gabby, we need someone who can unlock a team from the middle and set them free. If we're only going to play one up top, we don't need another one in the summer. The midfield is the  most important thing to fix, if  we do that we'll score goals without another Benteke. The others look so bad because Benteke is the only one who can literally do it all himself - that wouldn't be needed quite as much if the midfield worked

Edited by P3te
  • Like 3

If we're only going to play one up top, we don't need another one in the summer.

This was true last summer also, it didn't prevent Lambert from blowing his remaining budget on Kozak.

If we're only going to play one up top, we don't need another one in the summer.

This was true last summer also, it didn't prevent Lambert from blowing his remaining budget on Kozak.

I assume the Kozak deal was something that was started when it looked like benteke was going, and finished based on whatever we told Benteke about what happens at the end of this season

I might've believed that if he didn't immediately loan Holt after Kozak's injury. It just seems like he needs two target-men in the squad.

Benteke kept getting niggling injuries at that point, maybe Lambert just wanted a safe card if Benteke broke down again.

I might've believed that if he didn't immediately loan Holt after Kozak's injury. It just seems like he needs two target-men in the squad.

Benteke kept getting niggling injuries at that point, maybe Lambert just wanted a safe card if Benteke broke down again.

If thats true then i think people would have accepted that had we not signed helenius before hand, he obviously doesn't fit lamberts targetman criteria so its very bizarre.

After the success of Bacuna and the integral role Vlaar is having on the team I would wager we dip back in to the Belgian and Dutch leagues for at least one player this summer, if not two or even three.

• Like 1

After the success of Bacuna and the integral role Vlaar is having on the team I would wager we dip back in to the Belgian and Dutch leagues for at least one player this summer, if not two or even three.

Got any reports on anyone

I'm going to be controversial and say if Benteke goes we don't need to bring in another striker IF we play to the strengths of the ones we have. If we're having Kozak as the main man, we need wingers. If it's Weimann/Gabby, we need someone who can unlock a team from the middle and set them free. If we're only going to play one up top, we don't need another one in the summer. The midfield is the most important thing to fix, if we do that we'll score goals without another Benteke. The others look so bad because Benteke is the only one who can literally do it all himself - that wouldn't be needed quite as much if the midfield worked

I would be devastated with that!

Firstly we should have money to sign midfield players without selling benteke so if we do a lot of that money has to go on a quality striker.

Kozak as our main striker would be awful.

Adam Johnson 7m

Ryan Bertrand 6m

Micah Richards 5m

Kiyotake 12m

Sorted

Johnson is shit and kiyotake would cost like 3-4m with the season he's having.

Adam Johnson is obviously not shit. He can change a game on his own, which he has certainly done for Sunderland lately. Why he struggled to play well for Sunderland I don't know, but I always remember him doing special things even for Man City. Has a style and touch pretty similar to Gareth Bale in many regards, being able to twist and turn on the side before unleashing shots from all angles. Again, why he played so poorly for Sunderland over time beats me, but sometimes teams aren't suited for a certain player and I guess it's the case here. He is still only 26 years old, so lots of time to get the best out of him. Scored six goals in four games a couple of weeks ago, you're not crap if you manage to keep a run like that when you're a winger.

For a certain price, hell yes. As for Kiyotake, I have never seen him play and I seriously doubt many on here have seen him regularly. I mean, when are Nürnberg on TV? Seeing him curl in a few crosses and goals on YouTube means very, very little.