Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

After the success of Bacuna and the integral role Vlaar is having on the team I would wager we dip back in to the Belgian and Dutch leagues for at least one player this summer, if not two or even three.

Got any reports on anyone

Dusan Tadic is dominating the Eredivisie this season, 11 goals and 11 assists. He is 25 and plays for Twente, can play in the hole or on either wing, Serbian international. Think he will be moving to a bigger team though so maybe we'd be looking at somebody younger and still in need of development.

A bit younger at 20 years of age there is Hakim Ziyech from Heerenveen. He is of Moroccan descent but has been capped for the Dutch U21s, U18s etc and is currently having his breakthrough season domestically with 8 goals and 8 assists so far.

Two really special goals he has scored this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIiQchu0Xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIqV4IVRmgM

He is very good at passing, very much the typical number 10 we are screaming out for in the creative department. I think the main problem with him is physicality, he isn't the strongest of players and we all know that can hinder a player's progress in our league, although there are cases where players with less of an imposing stature do succeed (such as Oscar for example).

I know Van Basten has already spoken out about the possibility of him leaving, maybe it is too soon for him to leave just yet but he looks the real deal from what I have seen, maybe worth going in early before the big dogs catch on.

Edit:

Just saw this blog post if anybody wants a proper read up about him - http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/6ko_zo6yveyla-zbnfojwg/Show/Player-Focus-The-Emergence-of-Hakim-Ziyech-at-Heerenveen

Edit again:

Heerenveen still haven't got Ziyech to sign a new deal so I think he can leave at the end of the season for free. Hmm.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Tadic is brilliant. Arguably the best player in the league (alongside Pellè) though I fear he would now be out of our price-range. Prices in excess of €15m have been mooted in the Dutch media. A player in the mould of Tadic is desperately needed though.

Ziyech is far more realistic and as you say, his contract is up in the summer. His agent just revealed that the most recent contract talks have broken down, so it is almost certain he'll be available. I actually did a similar little report on him in the Winter speculation thread. Great talent.

• Like 2

Theres some quality players in the eredivisie for sure, although its probably too soon i think Jesus Corona will be quality off the admittedly very little i've seen. Pelle and Castaignos would probably fit pretty well into how lambert plays aswell.

• Like 1

Theres some quality players in the eredivisie for sure, although its probably too soon i think Jesus Corona will be quality off the admittedly very little i've seen. Pelle and Castaignos would probably fit pretty well into how lambert plays aswell.

Castaignos would be a great fit in that Benteke type role, has shown he can do the business and also that he can get better 2 seasons in a row. Think interest will be high though. Pelle probably getting a bit too old in terms of somebody to 'replace' the role of Big Chris, think we'll bring in somebody who can get better/hopefully end up being sold on for more money.

As for Ziyech, Isa, like I said I only just saw that talks had broken down, I remember in January there was murmurs of him not signing a new deal because the future of Van Basten was still not sorted. Definitely more of a realistic signing but if he does become available on a free we certainly wouldn't be the only club in for him, if we did go in for him. Would be a bargain though!

As for Ziyech, Isa, like I said I only just saw that talks had broken down, I remember in January there was murmurs of him not signing a new deal because the future of Van Basten was still not sorted. Definitely more of a realistic signing but if he does become available on a free we certainly wouldn't be the only club in for him, if we did go in for him. Would be a bargain though!

Ironically, it will probably be more difficult to sign him with him being a bosman as many clubs will go in for him who wouldn't of had they had to agree a fee with his club. Still though, you'd like to think he is somewhere on Lambert's radar given that Holland seems to be his favorite hunting ground.

I wouldn't say Johnson is shit at all but he doesn't fit into our team 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 as he isn't a central midfielder or a wide striker.

Then let's pray Lambert changes things around, as basically none of our players fit into the system. We're not winning games (could have stopped the sentence right there) because of our wicked tactics, but we have certain players who would walk into every team in the bottom 10 and should play to suit them rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

After the success of Bacuna and the integral role Vlaar is having on the team I would wager we dip back in to the Belgian and Dutch leagues for at least one player this summer, if not two or even three.

Got any reports on anyone

There's a couple of people that certainly interest me but I'm going to wait until the end of the season before posting them. A lot can happen in two months to both them and us - players can become injured, their form can go up and down, the formations we play to name but a few.

I concur with samjp26 with regards Ziyech from Heerenveen. Oozes quality. I believe, as others havealready said, his contract situation is a bit awkward. If he was on a free I can see him going elsewhere, a club that can offer him higher wages than would be the norm for a player such as him but they'd just absorb that and imagine it as part of a transfer fee that they never had to pay. Dare I say we may stand a better chance if we actually had to give them some cash.

Tadic is brilliant. Arguably the best player in the league (alongside Pellè) though I fear he would now be out of our price-range. Prices in excess of €15m have been mooted in the Dutch media. A player in the mould of Tadic is desperately needed though.

Ziyech is far more realistic and as you say, his contract is up in the summer. His agent just revealed that the most recent contract talks have broken down, so it is almost certain he'll be available. I actually did a similar little report on him in the Winter speculation thread. Great talent.

Myself and Isa i know mentioned Ziyech in January, quality player and fully agree with all guys suggesting him, wish we could get him!!

hakim.png

Edited by Villan4Life

If he leaves for good money (absolute minimum 20m) then we should get most/all of it added into the budget just don't forget to factor in the wages.

And if we get 20m, we will have to pay Benteke a fee if he doesn't hand in a request. I also think if we do sell him, that will be our budget.

If he leaves for good money (absolute minimum 20m) then we should get most/all of it added into the budget just don't forget to factor in the wages.

If we do sell Benteke then the money we get for him will be our budget as I can't see Mr Lerner dipping into his pockets when that money is already available.

Edited by shaggy

I actually do not think we need an RB. Lowton had a rough second season but could find his feet again, and Bacuna is doing a fine job.

Our system leaves the full backs frequently exposed, and that makes it looks like they are poorer than they actually are. I actually think our FB play since the Bertrand signing has be superb.