Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Our system leaves the full backs frequently exposed, and that makes it looks like they are poorer than they actually are. I actually think our FB play since the Bertrand signing has be superb.

If this is the case, then why have Bacuna and Bertrand not looked poor also? Lowton just can't defend, the system can't be blamed for that. It would be nice if Lambert could find a way of using him in midfield but if not, then it is best to get rid in the summer.

I'd like us to sign Jordan Mutch if Cardiff go down. Been very impressed with what ive seen and a realistic option who would improve us whilst fitting the ethos.

Yeah he looks a good player and is usually involved in most of Cardiffs good play.  Noone looks good also.

I'd like us to sign Jordan Mutch if Cardiff go down. Been very impressed with what ive seen and a realistic option who would improve us whilst fitting the ethos.

Yeah he looks a good player and is usually involved in most of Cardiffs good play.  Noone looks good also.

Speaking of Cardiff, how about Ben Turner?  Purely based on that one game against us.  He is a Brummie as well.

Dont think Noone is anything special myself. Mutch only turned 22 December just gone. Hes physically imposing, carries the ball forward well and seems to always find dangerous positions. I reckon hell be at a big club in the future.

It'll annoy my Birmingham mates as well which is a bonus.

• Like 1

Our system leaves the full backs frequently exposed, and that makes it looks like they are poorer than they actually are. I actually think our FB play since the Bertrand signing has be superb.

If this is the case, then why have Bacuna and Bertrand not looked poor also? Lowton just can't defend, the system can't be blamed for that. It would be nice if Lambert could find a way of using him in midfield but if not, then it is best to get rid in the summer.

That's a fair point, but I think Lowton did look good last season.

My comment was in respect to people believing we need a new RB, i.e. Bacuna was not good enough.

I'm going to be controversial and say if Benteke goes we don't need to bring in another striker IF we  play to the strengths of the ones we have. If  we're having Kozak as the main man, we  need wingers. If it's Weimann/Gabby, we need someone who can unlock a team from the middle and set them free. If we're only going to play one up top, we don't need another one in the summer. The midfield is the  most important thing to fix, if  we do that we'll score goals without another Benteke. The others look so bad because Benteke is the only one who can literally do it all himself - that wouldn't be needed quite as much if the midfield worked

Enjoy another relegation battle next season then.

Benteke gives us so much, goals, pace, movement, bullying of back 4s when he's on form.

As much as our other strikers have good games, good form, they all have flaws otherwise Gabby and Weimann would be on more than 3 each and I just think Kozak is too limited to ever score more than 10 league goals in a season but would be happy to be wrong.

And what would it say to the fans if we just sold a quality striker like Benteke and just didn't bother to replace him? Where's the statement of intent? Newcastle fans are up in arms they've sold Cabaye and not bothered to replace him so it would hardly help season ticket sales would it.

They're probably unrealistic but I've mentioned Remy (available for 8m) and Demba Ba as possible replacements. They'd indicate to me anyway the club is serious long term in challenging again the top 6.

• Like 2

Speaking of Cardiff, how about Ben Turner?  Purely based on that one game against us.  He is a Brummie as well.

He's a Bluenose word removed. Was very disrespectful to the club in the post-match.

He's a Bluenose word removed. Was very disrespectful to the club in the post-match.

We can do better than Turner. He can rot in the championship along with his beloved SHA.

• Like 1

Think Federico Macheda is out of contract at Man Utd this summer.

Started to score goals now at Blues, i know the connection there isn't a good one but he is only on loan.

Worth a punt? Seems to have knuckled down now from the playboy teen that appeared after he scored on his debut against us.

Edited by Villan4Life