Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I agree with craig way too much focus is on strikers, even crap strikers score when they have an excellent supply of chances - See Andy Cole.

Andy Cole was crap???

Yes complete toss.

Caps for England? Goals for England? Goals outside of those awesome utd and Newcastle teams?

He was just a poacher in the days of 4-4-2.

Crap

:lol:

I guess that confirms we won't be getting Andy Cole then. Maybe not Lambert's kind of striker, as ridiculous as that may sound given his goal scoring feats. Think we'll try for a midfielder at least, not sure the exact type there are that many variations on midfielders these days. I suspect it'll be an attacking one, someone to add a bit of creativity to the side. Some good suggestions in here, lets wait and see.

Edited by useless

What about Slimani? If we brought him and Kranjcar in before the window closes I would be pleased

Mentioned Islam Slimani to a matelast night as a realistic target, he wouldn't cost the earth and looked very impressive in World Cup!!

€7mil buyout I heard. Leicester were interested so that's the sort of club that are going after him we'd beat the competition

Ideal end to the window would be...

IN - Holtby, Praet

OUT - Lowton, Bent, Herd.

More likely end to the window...

OUT - Vlaar

IN - Titus Bramble.

On a side note I wonder if Milner will still be at Man City on September 2nd.

I'm not sure that's even remotely likely.

• Like 1

IN - Holtby, Praet

OUT - Vlaar

IN - Titus Bramble.

But he's experienced!

Edited by villalad21

Is it too much to ask Lerner to fund a move for Rodriguez? I think he's exactly what we need, everyone else is leaving the saints and he's English but still has a cool enough surname

Is it too much to ask Lerner to fund a move for Rodriguez? I think he's exactly what we need, everyone else is leaving the saints and he's English but still has a cool enough surname

That would be such a colossal waste of money. Not that I don't think he's good a player, but he would probably cost near what Bent cost. Not only that but he wouldn't even be the best striker at the club.

That would be such a colossal waste of money. Not that I don't think he's good a player, but he would probably cost near what Bent cost. Not only that but he wouldn't even be the best striker at the club.

Let's just do a straight swap then :)

IN - Holtby, Praet

OUT - Vlaar

IN - Titus Bramble.

True. But it's sadly still more likely than my other suggestion.

IN - Holtby, Praet

OUT - Vlaar

IN - Titus Bramble.

Aren't Holtby and Praet very similar players? That would mean we would have 3 quality AMF at the club compared to using Tonev there last season ha.