Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Hamburg in talk over loan/permanent deal for Holtby, I'm sadly writing us off now ..

I think it's obvious that Lambert wants him, if we didn't get him I reckon it would be down to Lerner.

Or maybe Holtby just fancies going back to his home league and is not interested in coming to another relegation favorite who is likely to quibble over the cost of his wages?

By relegation favourites do you mean a team who aren't in the top 8/9? Because it seems pretty clear to me that after those we're all much of a muchness.

Like Ki before him perhaps he is asking for £50/60k which I think would be too much for a player who isn't a great deal better than what we have. I like him and I'd be very happy to have him here, but I don't think he's as good as Delph for example.

I like the manager to get his targets of course, but they also need to be aware of finances. Novel concept I know.

• Like 1

Salad would be a major coup if we could pull it off, he is a serious player for a team like us. Hope

It's true....

could be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to signings

He'd rocket straight into our first team.

Salad would be a major coup if we could pull it off, he is a serious player for a team like us. Hope

It's true....

He would be a great signing.  Hopefully Lambert wouldn't leaf him out of the team.

• Like 3

It's true....

Lettuce wait and see on this one...

Probably just someone sprouting nonsense

• Like 1

It's true....

He would be a great signing.  Hopefully Lambert wouldn't leaf him out of the team.

Not convinced he would fit in with the cress of the team.

Did Lambert say anything regarding transfers at his press conference today?

He don't think he said anything specific just that he'd still like to dip into the market if he can but it's up to Randy as to what can be done financially. Not sure we'll be signing the cream of the crop but would be nice if we get someone one loan who isn't getting a game at one of the clubs challenging at the top.