Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I would actually be quite happy if we got Chadli in, would be good for Benteke to have another Belgian aboard and Chadli needs to prove he can cut it at this level.

As for Joel Campbell, still not convinced by him (although he'd be a better option than Sanogo from the Arse)

Gnabry on loan is the latest Twitter guff apparently.

Good talent to be honest but I haven't seen enough of him myself. Not sure he would be capable of playing in and out. Besides, he should go to the championship first or we might as well use one of our own.

Rather Campbell or a long shot at Sanogo on loan than Gnabry!!

I would rather bring Heskey back than go for Sanago tbfh.

You sure about that? Sanogo goalscoring record in France was good with 11 in 21!! and done well pre-season with 4 goals in one game and looked a constant threat in Charity Shield

He was different class yesterday.

*not really.

Lestienne permanent signing, and Hernandez either on loan, or as part of a Vlaar deal.

Hernandez started for Man Utd yesterday so might fancy his chances now Van Gaal is there, so maybe he wouldn't be as willing to go on loan. I think he'd be more likely to either stay or go to Europe. Would be great for us though definitely, Benteke and Hernadez would be frightening.

Lestienne and Hernandez are exactly the type of players we should be signing.Both have quality, you could argue nearly top quality, both have something to prove, both could, if they prove themselves , be CL players.

CB is a draw, we should use him to attract these kind of players.

Lestienne permanent signing, and Hernandez either on loan, or as part of a Vlaar deal.

Hernandez started for Man Utd yesterday so might fancy his chances now Van Gaal is there, so maybe he wouldn't be as willing to go on loan. I think he'd be more likely to either stay or go to Europe. Would be great for us though definitely, Benteke and Hernadez would be frightening.

I'd rather we kept Vlaar because having Senderos at the back with either Clark or Baker is even more frightening.

Edited by Supervillan78

I think Sanchez wiil make a big difference defensively, give more protection to the back 4.

Granted we are a better team with Vlaar in, but i would love Hernandez down VP, and with Vlaar being 29, and Hernandez being 25, if the deal is possible, i would go for it tbh

I think Sanchez wiil make a big difference defensively, give more protection to the back 4.

Granted we are a better team with Vlaar in, but i would love Hernandez down VP, and with Vlaar being 29, and Hernandez being 25, if the deal is possible, i would go for it tbh

In a team that plays one player up front, why would we trade our best centre half for another striker? If  we suddenly then switch to 4-4-2 we are going to have to revamp the midfield to accommodate the extra striker, plus bring in a replacement for Vlaar.

• Like 1

Yes I think keeping Vlaar is key to be honest. I would not be sacrificing him in pursuit of another attacking player. 

We need to think from the point of view we now have a good keeper, a decent back four, and Sanchez just in front. We have to build from that at this stage, not take away from it. 

Chadli would get a big thumbs up from me. 

Lestienne I can understand, but Hernandez is'nt necessary. And why is throwing Vlaar into the pot even an option? We're not instantly going to go from being crap to brilliant, so we need to keep people like Concrete until they can be replaced like for like....or until players like Okore get the experience to take his place.

Throw some money at him and get another three years out of him.

• Like 1

I still think we lack creativity like another attacking midfielder like holtby and a winger be pretty happy then

That's why we bought Joe Cole and Kieran Richardson?

You dont think there's any chance Joe Cole might get injured or need rotating? Proper CAM would be good preferably younger than Joe Cole. And Gabby/Weimann on the wing? Another 1st team winger would also be decent. 

Edited by tomh621

Whaaaaat? Hernandez is good but nothing special imo. Vlaar would probably be about 10x more important to us than trying to carry Hernandez. We should bring in an attacking midfielder that can play the wings as well and play Weimann upfront til we get either of Libor or Benteke back.

YEP!