Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Big game for Villa and Lambert. If we get another Crystal Palace, Sunderland or whatever performance at home then I think he's making things incredibly difficult for himself.

The most likely outcome for me, sadly, is yet another lackluster home performance. Whether it's a draw or loss doesn't matter that much.

Unless it's a completely different lineup than the norm, I don't expect much.

The front three have been figured out. The midfield still lack clear roles. The defense always has a spanner in them.

Another miserable home game.

• Like 1

Apparently no one in the premier league has conceded more than us in the first 15 minutes so we need to start better today.

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

Well there's the problem right there. With Westwood's shitty floated corners, we arent going to threaten. For me one of the key reasons for Lambert to get the sack. This has been an issue for two season yet he has not done a single thing to address it. It's absolutely baffling

As Brian Clough used to say, the longer a cross is in the air, the easier it is to defend. 

• Like 1

There will be a strange addition to the line up. Holt and Lowton probably in and we will go 4312

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Clark - Bertrand

Bacuna - Delph - Westwood

Agbonlahor

Holt - Benteke

Edited by dodgyknees

Well there's the problem right there. With Westwood's shitty floated corners, we arent going to threaten. For me one of the key reasons for Lambert to get the sack. This has been an issue for two season yet he has not done a single thing to address it. It's absolutely baffling

As Brian Clough used to say, the longer a cross is in the air, the easier it is to defend. 

Benteke. Asks. For. Those. Corners.

We still did them when he was out injured (barring one of two I remember being different)

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

We still did them when he was out injured (barring one of two I remember being different)

That changes the previous statement how?

He shouldn't dictate how we whip our set pieces in for me. He hasn't scored from one this season. We have Vlaar, Gabby and Clark/Baker to attack the ball as well as Benteke. So easy to defend against as hitting corners in to Benteke as we always do makes us so predictable.

Anyway, absolute must win!!!!

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

That changes the previous statement how?

Because he isn't playing, so why would be choose to put corners in for somebody not on the pitch... if he asks for them, it will be for when he plays.. which means we aren't sending those corners in for him because he is not playing and can do something different.

Really is not that hard to understand.

If I like sauce on my chips, there is sauce on the table. If I am late home from work, the sauce stays in the bloody cupboard.