Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Also BJ, you in particular have spent a good amount of time unconditionally defending Benteke for his poor performances, blaming the team for not playing to his strengths. Yet when Lambert uses these floaty corners to directly play to Benteke's strengths (HH said that Benteke likes to attack them), he's wrong?

Which is it?

Well, whoever asked for them, they're not working.  If you whip a ball in, at least once in a blue moon, it's harder to defend.  Jesus H Christ, all Lambert has to do is look at the DVD of last season to see how many goals we conceded from other teams doing exactly that.  Our corners, like everything else about our play, are dreadful.

• Like 1

**** - Hoolahan starting has him scoring written all over it!

You know the message... "This team thinks you are worth peanuts, show them your true value"

All because our chairman wants to buy cheap.

I think it was more to do with Norwich not wanting to sell him to us at any price.

• Like 1

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

Well there's the problem right there. With Westwood's shitty floated corners, we arent going to threaten. For me one of the key reasons for Lambert to get the sack. This has been an issue for two season yet he has not done a single thing to address it. It's absolutely baffling

As Brian Clough used to say, the longer a cross is in the air, the easier it is to defend.

Benteke. Asks. For. Those. Corners.
Shouldn't. The. Manager. Make. Decisions. Best. For. The. Team?

Your star striker asks for floaty corners so he can attack them and you say 'no'?

It's just another reason to beat the manager. There's enough with fabricating any more.

Do these corners work or look like working? If the manager can't say no to benteke over something that hasn't worked (watch us score a corner today now) then that's down to him.

#AVFC: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.

subs: Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Bennett, Robinson.

WOW! That bench would strike fear into any team ;)

Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong ©, Olsson; Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

subs: Bunn (GK), Whittaker, Howson, Pilkington, Elmander, Becchio, R Bennett.

Although quite why Bassong feels the need to copyright his name, god only knows! ;)

• Like 2

I'm sitting on the football special train at New Street which leaves in 3 minutes time. There is literally one other person in the carriage I'm on. Very odd. What's the estimated attendance for this game?

Or maybe I smell really bad and no one wants to sit with me :(

Edited by hogso

I reckon Hoolahan will get the ball straight from kick off and score an OG, then run up to Hughton and deck him, then he will start climbing up to the corporate area and hunt McNally out and administer the smackdown.

• Like 4