Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

I'm sitting on the football special train New Street which leaves in 3 minutes time. There is literally one other person in the carriage I'm on. Very odd. What's the estimated attendance for this game?

Or maybe you I smell really bad and no one wants to sit with me :(

It has got to the point where staying home is more entertaining, costs less and is less stressful.

• Like 1

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

Well there's the problem right there. With Westwood's shitty floated corners, we arent going to threaten. For me one of the key reasons for Lambert to get the sack. This has been an issue for two season yet he has not done a single thing to address it. It's absolutely baffling

As Brian Clough used to say, the longer a cross is in the air, the easier it is to defend.

Benteke. Asks. For. Those. Corners.
We still did them when he was out injured (barring one of two I remember being different)
That changes the previous statement how?

Because he isn't playing, so why would be choose to put corners in for somebody not on the pitch... if he asks for them, it will be for when he plays.. which means we aren't sending those corners in for him because he is not playing and can do something different.

Really is not that hard to understand.

If I like sauce on my chips, there is sauce on the table. If I am late home from work, the sauce stays in the bloody cupboard.

Or that is how we practice for him so we have to deliver that way even when he is absent. That is not that hard to understand.

Also, only one goal from a corner this season. With a decent delivery in surely Benteke/Vlaar etc should threaten more.

Well there's the problem right there. With Westwood's shitty floated corners, we arent going to threaten. For me one of the key reasons for Lambert to get the sack. This has been an issue for two season yet he has not done a single thing to address it. It's absolutely baffling

As Brian Clough used to say, the longer a cross is in the air, the easier it is to defend.

Benteke. Asks. For. Those. Corners.
We still did them when he was out injured (barring one of two I remember being different)
That changes the previous statement how?

Because he isn't playing, so why would be choose to put corners in for somebody not on the pitch... if he asks for them, it will be for when he plays.. which means we aren't sending those corners in for him because he is not playing and can do something different.

Really is not that hard to understand.

If I like sauce on my chips, there is sauce on the table. If I am late home from work, the sauce stays in the bloody cupboard.

Or that is how we practice for him so we have to deliver that way even when he is absent. That is not that hard to understand.

Of course, makes sense, we do our training on match-day :)

The great thing about this is - it doesn't work - but that is fine, we are just waiting for Benteke to come back.

Edited by dodgyknees

I will enjoy watching our strikers stand five feet from each other, expecting the perfect ball right into their feet. On the odd chance they do (most likely a Westwood pass), their first touch will roll ten feet from them. They'll readjust and hit a pointless cross with no one in the box.

TOTAL FOOTBALL.

• Like 1

What has Albrighton got to do to get a start?

He did against Cardiff. Had a mixed game.

Was still one of our better players in that game in my opinion (all be it in an unspectacular display). We struggle to create chances so much I just can't understand why the one player who can provide Benteke with decent crosses can't get more time on the pitch. 

Tonev, Bennett, Luna, Helenius, Bowery, Lowton = one good quality player. I know what I would rather have!! Shock horror could had even got us that creative Midfielder we all desire!

One injury to that quality player and you would have asked about a squad.

Tonev, Bennett, Luna, Helenius, Bowery, Lowton = one good quality player. I know what I would rather have!! Shock horror could had even got us that creative Midfielder we all desire!

That's my biggest gripe with lambert. All those players will now be lucky to be play 5 more games for us. Only bennett and luna have put a regular run of games together.What a waste of valuable money.

What has Albrighton got to do to get a start?

He did against Cardiff. Had a mixed game.

But did way more than Weimann usually does.

Yeah, Andi needs to pull his socks up, when he turns up, he's very good, but often anonymous.

• Like 1