Man U (A) 0

Fulham (H) 3

Palace (A) 1

Southampton (H) 1

Swansea (A) 1

Hull (H) 3

Spurs (A) 0

12 and that is being optimistic. Should be enough though

With half decent home form you'd say with the home games we have left we'd be fine. We are terrible at home though so you'd think most of them points will be need to come away. It is going to be tight. It is crucial we beat Cardiff on Tuesday as then they won't catch us, I also think Fulham have gone and that there will be one more worse team than us. It is shameful though that we again find ourselves looking over our shoulders at the back end of the season.

Edited by markavfc40

Cardiff (A) 3

Newcastle (A) 0

Norwich (H) 3

Man City (A) 0

Chelsea (H) 0

Stoke (H) 1

Man U (A) 1

Fulham (H) 1

Palace (A) 3

Southampton (H) 1

Swansea (A) 1

Hull (H) 3

Spurs (A) 0

17 then.

Optimistic? Probably.

Wrong? Also probably.

• Like 1

After watching the inspired Sochi event today, here is my prediction:

Cardiff (A) -3

Newcastle (A) -3

Norwich (H) -3

Man City (A) -3

Chelsea (H) -3

Stoke (H) -3

Man U (A) - 6

Fulham (H) - 3

Palace (A) -3

Southampton (H) - 3

Swansea (A) - 3

Hull (H) -3

Spurs (A)-3

total of 42 pts should see us safe for the season

* seriously - i think the borderline will be 37-38 pts as the bottom half is so tight

A point at say Cardiff, Newcastle and Palace. Home wins against Norwich, Fulham and Hull as well as a point against Stoke and possibly Southampton. So 14 points (41 points total) at best but on current form 10 (possibly with a point or two coming from games where we might not start as likely winners to make up for dropping points we might expect to get) might be more likely and that might not quite prove to be enough. It is both sad and far from acceptable that we are again looking at whether we can average as little as a point a game to stay up.   

• Like 2

You can't predict this side. Beat Arsenal and draw at Liverplop away. Lose to Palace and West Ham at home and lucky to get a point versus Sunderland. Go to Southampton and win, but also lose to Fulham away. I just hope we get a few unexpected good wins away (Newcastle, Man United?!) or we will be in the nether regions once again come May. What is certain is we cannot rely on our home matches at all. If we get 2 more wins at home that will be a bonus at present.

I did kind of the same thing in the game thread for Cardiff, and even I had us at 41 points I think it was.

The thing is, all the teams under us will look at their fixtures and dread the same things as we are doing. There are a lot of crappy teams below us, some of them will reach form and suddenly win three out of five, but then there's statistically impossible for all of them to do it at the same time. For every winner there's a loser, and I bet you a few of those teams will go on a shitty run. A lot of teams meet each other, some have incredibly tough games coming up and the clock is ticking.

Many are looking at Sunderland at the moment, because they have reached some form and gotten out of the dreaded pit at 17th with 24 points. They have three wins in the last five, which is exactly what every team in that bracket wants right now, but those wins came against Fulham, Stoke and Newcastle. Then when everyone was counting on them to win against Hull at home, they lost 2-0. Now they are playing: Man City (a), Arsenal (a) and Liverpool (a) on the trot. Anyone care to give them much hope for those fixtures? And guess what, out of their remaining games they still have to play: Tottenham (a), Chelsea (a) and Manchester United (a). They also have to play Everton at home. Sure every team has to play everyone twice and surprises come out of nothing, they probably won't lose all of those games (although I wouldn't be too surprised!), but they are in big trouble. We for example are done with both Chelsea and Arsenal, luckily.

We have a lot of games that can put some distance between us and the ones we are playing (and at the same time they can catch us) - but the only thing certain is that we have just the same chance of winning that game, and over time we will get something out of those games. We might lose at home to Fulham and Hull, but at the same time we can suddenly win away to Newcastle and Swansea.

Last season I had a really bad feeling, right after Christmas I was kind of bracing myself for the worst. Then we went on a really good spell and clicked into gear, because we have some players capable of doing well on the pitch. This season I am gladly admitting we are still in the fight for relegation in terms of points, but I don't have that dark cloud in my head when I think about it. We are in front, it's always good to be in front. We have Benteke and he is gradually playing much better and finding the net again.

• Like 1

Cardiff (A) 1

Newcastle (A) 0

Norwich (H) 1

Man City (A) 0

Chelsea (H) 0

Stoke (H) 1

Man U (A) 0

Fulham (H) 3

Palace (A) 1

Southampton (H) 1

Swansea (A) 1

Hull (H) 3

Spurs (A) 0

12 and that is being optimistic. Should be enough though

that's not called optimism.

Its disgusting we even have to be talking about relagation, 4th year running and were at the same point in the season where were looking down the fixtures working out where are points are coming from. Then lambert comes out and says " we'll thrive on the pressure of a dogfight" shocking, stomach turning

• Like 2

Its disgusting we even have to be talking about relagation, 4th year running and were at the same point in the season where were looking down the fixtures working out where are points are coming from. Then lambert comes out and says " we'll thrive on the pressure of a dogfight" shocking, stomach turning

Absolutely.

Very stupid thing to say - like it is a good thing. His public statements leave a lot to be desired.

You can't predict this side. Beat Arsenal and draw at Liverplop away. Lose to Palace and West Ham at home and lucky to get a point versus Sunderland. Go to Southampton and win, but also lose to Fulham away. I just hope we get a few unexpected good wins away (Newcastle, Man United?!) or we will be in the nether regions once again come May. What is certain is we cannot rely on our home matches at all. If we get 2 more wins at home that will be a bonus at present.

Absolutely this. Lambert seems to be a 'Lucky' manager, every time he's really needed a Villa win to stop pressure mounting he's got it. I think we'll get the win at Cardiff and then we'll see.

Is anyone predicting any more home wins this season ?

Cardiff (A) 1

Newcastle (A) 1

Norwich (H) 3

Man City (A) 0

Chelsea (H) 1

Stoke (H) 1

Man U (A) 1

Fulham (H) 3

Palace (A) 1

Southampton (H) 1

Swansea (A) 0

Hull (H) 3