13 points?

Dodgyknees

I'm amazed at how many people think there are '3 teams worse than us'...

Really?!

Take away some of the shock wins, Arsenal, City and Southampton, and we're on 21. In 2 of those games the performance levels were pretty poor wi luck going our way. Some of our other wins have been while playing incredibly poorly.

We really struggle with basic footballing skills at times and we look like a bunch of players who've never met before. I honestly don't agree that there are 3 worse teams. Half of our team would be decent in the Championship, others not even there...we're just lucky we have at least a few players with some quality...but even they're not firing consistently.

When we are bad, we are terrible...and we are bad for about 80% of the time. Plus, we have just lost to West Ham, 0-2 AT HOME and we couldn't beat '1 win in 6' Cardiff after we played (another) disgraceful half of football.

A couple of results have papered over the cracks this year and I think that come May, we will be very lucky to still be a Premier League team.

Unbelievable really

Take away the wins that someone doesn't think we deserved,  where the other team should have just turned up to win,  a few draws where we equalised and didn't deserve it and we'd be on zero points,  zero.  What a disgrace for a club like ours that we could have been on zero points if we hadn't got the points we have.

Thats exactly how your post reads.

Fact is we have the points we have,  we have the wins we have and we will not go down this season as ,  yes ,  there are three worse teams than us and by the end of the season our league position will show that actually there are a few more than three worse teams.  That our placing based on last season will have improved and we will have progressed.  Perhaps not as far as some wanted,  I'm not sure how far they wanted us to have progressed this season?  maybe 6th place and then perhaps we should have been challenging for top four so 6th wouldnt be good enough?  who knows.

• Like 4

I've kept away from predictions for a while as ,  frankly,  who knows with this team it is inconsistent as you would expect from a team at our stage of development

But just for interest

Cardiff (A) 1 point

Newcastle (A) 0 points

Norwich (H) 3 points

Man City (A) 0 points

Chelsea (H) 1 point

Stoke (H) 3 points

Man U (A) 0 points

Fulham (H) 3 points

Palace (A) 1 point

Southampton (H) 3 points

Swansea (A) 1 point

Hull (H) 3 points

Spurs (A) 1 point

Makes 20 points and not beyond the realms of possibility not sure I have been too wild with that list maybe the odd point here or there.

Maybe my naturally sunny disposition is playing a part who knows

• Like 1

I've kept away from predictions for a while as ,  frankly,  who knows with this team it is inconsistent as you would expect from a team at our stage of development

But just for interest

Cardiff (A) 1 point

Newcastle (A) 0 points

Norwich (H) 3 points

Man City (A) 0 points

Chelsea (H) 1 point

Stoke (H) 3 points

Man U (A) 0 points

Fulham (H) 3 points

Palace (A) 1 point

Southampton (H) 3 points

Swansea (A) 1 point

Hull (H) 3 points

Spurs (A) 1 point

Makes 20 points and not beyond the realms of possibility not sure I have been too wild with that list maybe the odd point here or there.

Maybe my naturally sunny disposition is playing a part who knows

You reckon we will get 5 wins at home out of 6?

Really? With our home form?

More importantly, you don't think we will lose at home again? 

Edited by PieFacE

This is my prediction.

Newcastle (A) 0 points

Norwich (H) 3 points

Man City (A) 0 points

Chelsea (H) 0 point

Stoke (H) 1 points

Man U (A) 1 points

Fulham (H) 1 points

Palace (A) 3 point

Southampton (H) 0 points

Swansea (A) 3 point

Hull (H) 0 points

Spurs (A) 0 point

Why not pieface?  stranger things have happened and things change as if not then we'd still be winning the league every season.

Because we're awful at home. Have been for years. I don't see why that would change now. But I wish I had your optimism. 

Edited by PieFacE

Newcastle (A) 1 point

Norwich (H) 1 point

Man City (A) 0 points

Chelsea (H) 0 point

Stoke (H) 1 point

Man U (A) 0 point

Fulham (H) 3 points

Palace (A) 1 point

Southampton (H) 0 points

Swansea (A) 1 point

Hull (H) 1 point

Spurs (A) 0 point

Worst case scenario 9 points.

Our home form cannot be relied on but it may be possible to pick up more points in the Norwich and Stoke matches which would see us safe however im not convinced

Edited by AshVilla

Perhaps not as far as some wanted, I'm not sure how far they wanted us to have progressed this season?

Well we look like we'll finish on the same points and possibly break yet another club record with our home form. Is that progress?

Yes - some progress would be nice.

Perhaps not as far as some wanted, I'm not sure how far they wanted us to have progressed this season?

Well we look like we'll finish on the same points and possibly break yet another club record with our home form. Is that progress?

Season over yet John?

Season over yet John?

No, like I said its looking likely.

It is really worrying now, to get 1 point from West Ham (h) and Cardiff (a) is dire. We needed 4 minimum for me especially with games against Man City, Man Utd and Spurs away and our home form being so so poor i really do fear for us now... If we go down the last two games will be where we messed up our last chance in my opinion.

I see definate losses in

Man City (a)

Man Utd (a)

Spurs (a)

Chelsea (h)

Leaving us with realistically 8 games to save ourselves....Scary times, Especially considering 5 of those 8 games are all at home! 

the answer to our season really does rest on whether or not we sort out some decent home form or not...Fail and we're down most likely.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Just as likely as it is that we could finish with more points and a higher placing

I guess it depends on how you want to look at it.

Well one is based on facts and one is based on hope.

Not really.  They are both based on predictions of an unpredictable sport when the season has 12 games to go so who knows how many points we'll pick up

Some can look on it positively and some can look on it negatively

Edited by Richard

I'm amazed at how many people think there are '3 teams worse than us'...

Really?!

Take away some of the shock wins, Arsenal, City and Southampton, and we're on 21. In 2 of those games the performance levels were pretty poor wi luck going our way. Some of our other wins have been while playing incredibly poorly.

We really struggle with basic footballing skills at times and we look like a bunch of players who've never met before. I honestly don't agree that there are 3 worse teams. Half of our team would be decent in the Championship, others not even there...we're just lucky we have at least a few players with some quality...but even they're not firing consistently.

When we are bad, we are terrible...and we are bad for about 80% of the time. Plus, we have just lost to West Ham, 0-2 AT HOME and we couldn't beat '1 win in 6' Cardiff after we played (another) disgraceful half of football.

A couple of results have papered over the cracks this year and I think that come May, we will be very lucky to still be a Premier League team.

Unbelievable really

Take away the wins that someone doesn't think we deserved, where the other team should have just turned up to win, a few draws where we equalised and didn't deserve it and we'd be on zero points, zero. What a disgrace for a club like ours that we could have been on zero points if we hadn't got the points we have.

Thats exactly how your post reads.

Fact is we have the points we have, we have the wins we have and we will not go down this season as , yes , there are three worse teams than us and by the end of the season our league position will show that actually there are a few more than three worse teams. That our placing based on last season will have improved and we will have progressed. Perhaps not as far as some wanted, I'm not sure how far they wanted us to have progressed this season? maybe 6th place and then perhaps we should have been challenging for top four so 6th wouldnt be good enough? who knows.

You misinterpret what I am saying...

We have the points we have, I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is that I cannot understand how people are judging our chances over the next 12 games based on the fact that we amassed 'x' points from games previously.

My point is that when you look at how poorly we have played in the main part this season, you would be naive to suggest that we are likely to get a huge amount of points in our remaining games.

As with the last 3 seasons, I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I honestly don't think that we have what is required to stay up is year. Last year, the players really DID turn up for the latter part of the season and pulled us clear. Will they do it this year? Maybe...but based on how poor we have been, I just see it as unlikely.

Just as likely as it is that we could finish with more points and a higher placing

I guess it depends on how you want to look at it.

Well one is based on facts and one is based on hope.

Not really. They are both based on predictions of an unpredictable sport when the season has 12 games to go so who knows how many points we'll pick up

Some can look on it positively and some can look on it negatively

This isn't roulette. And nothing to do with positive and negative. Its to with either looking at the evidence and facts or ignoring them and hoping.

At the moment our form over the season and form over the last 12 games suggests there won't be much change. What are you basing your prediction on?

Â