André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I think him playing for them in the position that Robinson played, as a sort of wide-forward will suit him very well. If he has a good season, then we'll suddenly have a player worth £15m plus on our hands, so a good move all round.

• Like 2

Isn't anywhere close to being ready for the PL so this would be a good move for everyone involved. 

Green is much more proven as a player than O'Hare is, and has looked much more impreseive in pre-season than O'Hare. Not trying to take anything away from O'Hare as he has a lot of promise, but think he might have to go on loan to a league one side if he wants to get game time. Also Green should get game time, as he's replacing Robinson.

A full season playing regular matches and receiving one on one coaching with Alex Neil could be just what Green needs. The confidence instilled by being on the first eleven team sheet all season will do him the world of good.

If there is a real player in there, this loan will bring it out of him.

I hope it works out well. 

• Like 1

Preston would be a good test for him. They place some good stuff and will have plenty of games. Would hope/expect him to make 20 odd appearances at least. Best of luck to him and hope he pushes on. I kind of feel like this will be make or break for him at our level.

11 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

All for this, please be true - then #welcomebenrahma ;) 

Yep, if we let Green go I would be confident a replacement would come in... be it Wilson, Benrahma or someone else

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Yep, if we let Green go I would be confident a replacement would come in... be it Wilson, Benrahma or someone else

it will be Matt Phillips.

I watch a lot of Preston matches as my family are PNE fans and have been to a couple of their pre season games. They had Ginnelly on the left when I saw them, the other options are Barkhuizen and Bodin, all lower league wingers with a lot of pace but not too much else about them. I'd be confident that Green would get regular game time if he went there and would be worried if he wasn't. Their playstyle is also similar enough to ours, very pass and move, pace and width. Could be the making of him.

He's still a young lad, it's easy to forget that because of how long he seems to have been around. Having said that, I would be worried if he wasn't getting regular games there as I trust Neil's judgement and if he doesn't see him as good enough for their XI, it wouldn't bode well for his future at Villa.

Edited by skarroki
Called Alex Neil "McNeil" cos I'm racist
  • Like 1

This is a good move, Preston are one of the better Championship sides I'd say. 

He really must make this count now though, if he doesn't deliver this season then that might be it for him. 

Â