André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I can totally understand people thinking he’s not good enough and won’t make it. I can’t understand them wanting him out of the club. He surely doesn’t earn much, is a fan, will do his best and might turn out to be ok. Even if that’s all he ever is for us I’d rather that than we ditch him on a free like Albrighton and so many others - especially when we are in the middle of an overhaul.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 20:10, Sulberto21 said:

Brilliant goal, he showed better touch today. Once he relaxes a bit he should look better. 

I think ‘brilliant’ is a bit over the top. Good to see him score but doubt he will see many if any minutes in the premier league.

his overall game is way below where we need it to be if we are to be competitive this year.

really could do with a long spell away from the club in a team competing in the championship to see if he can cut it.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 20:10, Sulberto21 said:

Brilliant goal, he showed better touch today. Once he relaxes a bit he should look better. 

I think ‘brilliant’ is a bit over the top. Good to see him score but doubt he will see many if any minutes in the premier league.

his overall game is way below where we need it to be if we are to be competitive this year.

really could do with a long spell away from the club in a team competing in the championship to see if he can cut it.

13 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

This. We all know he isn't good enough at the moment. Just loan him out. As for the goal it was a good finish, but nothing special. 

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This. We all know he isn't good enough at the moment. Just loan him out. As for the goal it was a good finish, but nothing special. 

The movement is what made the goal brilliant.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree, but that was largely Davis and Grealish and very little to do with Green. 

So Davis and Grealish put him in that position? Literally placed him there?

Edited by Sulberto21

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The movement is what made the goal brilliant.

hardly. he was playing left wing, so hardly brilliant that he happened to be on the left wing when he was played in. we had a man advantage so he was given acres of space and he scored a nice...not brilliant, but nice, finish.

great for him to be on the scoresheet, but still seen nothing to suggest i want him in the 1st team this season.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okey, Green made a good run in a straight line. Call me impressed 

He initially forced the mistake from their central defender and then when Davis got the ball Green was next to Grealish so had to pull wide and then check his run. He then had to outpace the defender on his side and finished with aplomb I think they say. He could have easily skewed his shot over. 

He definitely has more goals in him than Davis. He performed well,  his touch was better , passing improvements were seen. If he continues to improve we will benefit from him staying rather than being shipped out. 

If we sign someone better than him ,then yes atm he is behind El-Ghazi, Trezeguet and Jota, so he will be fifth choice. We are quick to criticise but we should also acknowledge improvement. I saw lots of improvement in his game against Charlton. 

Edited by Sulberto21

It wasn’t a brilliant goal. It was just a tidy finish. I just found it sad that rather than people being able to post well done for the goal there was at first nothing but silence and then eventually a debate on how good his goal was. 

Looks like many fans have made up their mind on him.

I still think he could be a decent player but I guess I’m in the minority.

• Like 2

The RW spot was a toss up last season between Green and a shot to peices Adomah. Now he is young enough to come good (though i have my reservations) but there is absolutely no basis for thinking this kid will even be good enough as a back next season. 

He was average at best in the championship, has looked poor in pre season, and we think he'll cut it in the PL?

Like i said, he is young enough to improve but he is currently nowhere near good enough. 

A loan is essential. 

I think he's a bit conflicted personally.

When I look at him, he reminds me physically of Henry.  Yes, he doesn't have the mental or technical attributes of Henry (one of the best, ever, so not too harsh on him!), but I know he can strike a ball sweetly and is very quick and I think he's pretty strong if he needs to be. 

I think he'd be better off as an inside forward, looking to get shots off from 20 yards than an out and out winger who's job it is to create.  And I say that because he doesn't throw many tricks.  

A bit more direct, a bit more on the edge of the box and a bit more belief to pull the trigger when he's got the chance and I think he'd be really good.  Maybe work on his finishing because there's been times this preseason when he's turned in the box and done a snap shot straight at the keeper.  Find a corner and he's off! :) 

Keep going Andre!

• Like 1

I don't think it's helped that he's been compared to Grealish so much these last couple of years. There are no similarities between the players other than they came through our academy - people think that alone means he'll be just as good.

There's a player in there somewhere, he's still plenty young enough to get better. He just needs confidence and room to grow, possibly out of Jack's shadow.

5 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I don't think it's helped that he's been compared to Grealish so much these last couple of years. There are no similarities between the players other than they came through our academy - people think that alone means he'll be just as good.

There's a player in there somewhere, he's still plenty young enough to get better. He just needs confidence and room to grow, possibly out of Jack's shadow.

I think we need to remember that at an age of 20 alot of villa fans were writing Grealish off. We need to be patient with our youngsters. Albrighton left for free and no one on here cared. Most thought her was Championship level at best. 

Green played a good game against Charlton. It is easy to see the improvement in him both defensively and defensively. 

Having said that he is still fourth choice for me. Behind Jota, Trez, and El Ghazi. 

How long is his contract?

I think a season long loan to a mid table championship side would help his development and we can see after a season if he has improved. I’d rather have him sold in a year or two for 5 million to a championship side because that is more his level than to just let his contract expire.

Not all academy players can develop into Grealish, but I’d rather we have more Baker-situations than Albrighton. At least we make some money off our youngsters and wish them good luck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think we need to remember that at an age of 20 alot of villa fans were writing Grealish off. We need to be patient with our youngsters. Albrighton left for free and no one on here cared. Most thought her was Championship level at best. 

Green played a good game against Charlton. It is easy to see the improvement in him both defensively and defensively

Having said that he is still fourth choice for me. Behind Jota, Trez, and El Ghazi. 

Confused Perplexed GIF - Confused Perplexed What GIFs

• Haha 2

I thought he would be in for some minutes this year but with all the incomings on the wings now I can't see it. A loan might with a recall option might be best. Similar to Davis, I think he needs some consistent game time. Honestly, look at how Grealish has flourished over the last 2-3 years (I'm not comparing the two by the way, totally different players) he got a consistent run at Nott's county, got a run out with us, realised he needed to bulk up a bit physically and work on his end product (according to some at the time), and somehow despite the recent cartwheel of managers, he managed to get a decent run in the team and now is the heartbeat of the team.

Totally agree with the previous point about him being more of an inside forward than a winger. He is a very direct runner and will cause problems. 

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It wasn’t a brilliant goal. It was just a tidy finish. I just found it sad that rather than people being able to post well done for the goal there was at first nothing but silence and then eventually a debate on how good his goal was. 

Looks like many fans have made up their mind on him.

I still think he could be a decent player but I guess I’m in the minority.

I’m with you but he needs to stay injury free and REALLY needs to start believing in his own ability!

Fans should get off his back. 

• Like 3

Â