Walsall

Villan4Life

• 9 months later...
On 26/01/2014 at 21:06, Villan4Life said:

Dean Smith plays really good football and just won 5-1 away to Notts County..and currently in play off's

Was right about Dean Smith back in 2014

Dean Keates i feel is going to be an even better coach long term than Dean Smith!!

But i like rate both as coaches.

Walsall have got to a phenomenal start to the season

Edited by Villan4Life

• 3 years later...

Our women's team play there, I think they originally signed a two year contract which would have taken them into next season, but the big rumour seems to be that they're moving to the Alexander Stadium, not sure whether the deal with Walsall has been terminated, or whether they're going to fulfil that deal, and then move to the Alexander Stadium the season after next.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Our women's team play there, I think they originally signed a two year contract which would have taken them into next season, but the big rumour seems to be that they're moving to the Alexander Stadium, not sure whether the deal with Walsall has been terminated, or whether they're going to fulfil that deal, and then move to the Alexander Stadium the season after next.

For the eleventieth time..."But it's a full time athletics stadium"

We'll see.

Nothing to stop the Villa Women playing there even if it does continue as an Athletics stadium, which I don't think anyone is disputing.

There's been a rumour that Villa women are moving there for a while now, and now that almajir is saying it and is pretty insistent - 'I know for a fact that Villa Ladies have signed a ten year lease on the stadium. That's not an opinion, that is a fact.' - I know he's a small heath fan and whatever but he's usually pretty reliable with information and good at finding things out, so I think there's a very good chance he's right about this, obviously it's information he's sought because of rumours of his own team potentially moving there.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just been 100% purchased by some American private investment firm, exciting days for the Saddlers 

Cue knuckledraggers whining "whoy carn it be us?"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Calling it now, walsall be a bigger club than blose in 10 years

10, I'll give it 5. Bloose will be wound up before than the way it's going. They still owe my electrician pal £1800, might have to take them to court, he's give emm 4 months already 😂

• Haha 4

I wonder what a venture capitalist firm could have in mind for a club like Walsall. 

It’s a dangerous new trend this in my opinion, VC’s exist for one reason only - to turn a profit, how they expect to do that with Walsall is concerning.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Calling it now, walsall be a bigger club than blose in 10 years

That would be lovely,  Coventry have done it no reason Walsall can’t. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder what a venture capitalist firm could have in mind for a club like Walsall. 

It’s a dangerous new trend this in my opinion, VC’s exist for one reason only - to turn a profit, how they expect to do that with Walsall is concerning.

Walsall actually do post a small profit most seasons. I do get what you're saying though especially as they're going to be purchasing freehold of Bescot in two years.

Could go either way this one I think but Walsall in last few years were just sleepwalking into non league so makes things more exciting in the hope they could follow path of likes of Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe perhaps and be top end league 1 again or even bottom half championship.

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Walsall actually do post a small profit most seasons. I do get what you're saying though especially as they're going to be purchasing freehold of Bescot in two years.

Could go either way this one I think but Walsall in last few years were just sleepwalking into non league so makes things more exciting in the hope they could follow path of likes of Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe perhaps and be top end league 1 again or even bottom half championship.

Exactly this, after many years of them wanting Bonsour out they got rent a quote Pomlett, who has been nothing short of a disaster, pretty much turnover a squad season after season (they have just signed a 40 year old from Tranmere)

Getting the noose that is the freehold on the ground back will be huge for them, I think around 500K a season for many years they have had to pay to Bonsour, no reason why they cant be a competitive club towards the top half of league 1, with an aging fan base and the dross they are fed season after season they will probably see this as a real positive step

• Like 1

I've no problems with the Saddlers, although as i recall they did have a bit of a problem with us 50 years ago, when we were briefly in the same division. As has been said, top half of League 1 would be a good target for them. 

Â