Walsall

Villan4Life

I wonder what kind of crowds they could get in the top-flight.

Isn't Walsall bigger than Wolverhampton?

as someone already said its quite a bit smaller than Wolverhampton. they will never get big crowds because they have villa wolves and west brom on their door step, and all 3 of those clubs draw quite a lot of support from Walsall especially villa and wolves. never really thought much of Walsall and got no ill feeling towards them

• Like 1

Their crowds have plummeted in the last few years...the used to get regular 5-6k crowds but now they only get above 4k if their is sizeable away support. Criminal given the football they're playing.

Disillusionment against Bonser stems from January 2008 when they were on the verge of top 6 in league, sold Scott Dann and Danny Fox on the last day of the window and didn't replace them. Their crowds have dropped off from that month.

• 11 months later...

I follow Walsall as a second team- grew up near there and went to school in Walsall. I don't see a clash at all- we never play them, and when Im on the train back from villa past the ground you always overhear chat about how Walsall are doing and its pretty much always supportive.

I'll definitely go to the JPT final if I can as I now live nearish to Wembley so its close.

Likewise Walsall are my second team mainly due to having a connection to the academy. Looking forward to several trips to Wembley in the next few months with Villa, the Saddlers as well as a couple of gigs!

I'm a Pelsall lad alot of my friends are Walsall fans and i've been to a fair shair of there games , really chuffed for them would be brilliant if they won it . I went to there play off final back when they beat Reading 3-2 at the millenium stadium , great day out with a Villa old boy grabbing the winner .

Yep, good luck to the Saddlers.

I'm another one with a soft spot for Walsall, mainly due to the fact that back in the day they were always on Star Soccer once a season, usually the 2nd week  and as I kid I used to feel sorry for them!

• Like 1

A couple of lads I work with are Walsall fans and I'm pleased for them.   They were both at the semi final the last time Walsall nearly made it to Wembley:

One of them said he was convinced that they were going to Wembley (1984) that year because they held Liverpool to a 2-2 draw at Anfield in the first leg. :lol:   

• 1 month later...

If you slip me £20 then I think I can arrange for a free train. We do stop closer to Wembley Stadium than London Underground do too. ;)

Going to the game on sunday with a few of the academy lads and dads, first time i've been to a Wembley game not involving Villa. Edited by Robbie09

Used to be my second team but my old boss was a fan and he is the biggest word removed I've ever met and one of the lowest forms of life on the planet so I now have an irrational dislike for them through no fault of their own.

Cheers Clarkie you gunt.

• 2 years later...
Â