• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Suárez touched the ball past Guzan from Steven Gerrard's inspired pass and the goalkeeper brought him down. That is what the referee decided in any case. Contact appeared to be minimal but the goalkeeper sold himself and Suárez knows what to do in those situations.

Guardian defending Suarez's dive.

that in my mind is everything thats wrong with it, suarez is clever, guzan was naive, nothing to see here

thats utter bullshit

but then again when you see "gerrards inspired pass" you know its going to be utter bullshit

It's a shame we didnt win that match but I guess a draw was fair.

I think we lost all our momentum when Gabby went off, he brings us something real special. I wish we didnt have so many injuries in defence because I think Bacuna would work well in KEA's position.

Thought Vlaar, Clark, Delph and Gabby were all fantastic. Also thought Bertrand and Holt played ok for debut's.

More of this please Villa....closing down, chasing, running and lots of passion. UTV!

Predicted a Desmond before the game. Great first half and good to see Weimann grab a goal. Redknapp highlighted how well he played in negating Gerrard first half - hopefully some of his critics will cut him some slack.

Just hope Gabby is ok for the Boggies. Had he stayed on the pitch we would be talking about a victory now.

I thought KEA done ok first half, the midfield was competent.

Voted Vlaar but I think all the lads deserve credit tonight.

shame i cant freeze frame it

SuarezDive.gif

so they are saying that guzan's belly clips his right leg? personally i still cant see it but look at the angle of his left foot when that apparently happens

yeah thats not a dive at all is it...

If you watch closely, in fact if you watch at all, you'll see that Guzan's arm is actually in front of his belly so surely it would have been his arm he hit?

Scumbag, that is all I can say about him.

yeah thats what i was expecting, guzan's left elbow to clip suarez's right leg, but when you see thats not the case and sky start saying the belly i thought yeah maybe, but i dont see that either

but like i said, either way its irrelevant, left foot at the point of "contact" he's turned it sideways, he's already left the ground and is going down before guzan is there

Great performance. Haven't enjoyed watching a Villa match so much for ages. Once Gabby went off you felt we had lost the chance to win it. Everyone is quite rightly saying Suarez dived but how naive was Guzan to give him the chance? Was actually really cross with Guzan. MOTM = Gabby.

Edited by briny_ear

Utterly exasperating that every match report I've read basically translates to "plucky little villa grab unlikely point" with little to no mention of how well we actually played

That Guardian match report is laughable. Shocked that we can play well and mocks our away kit. Really? Grow up.

The fundamental problem with punditry and many sports journalists is there is inability to to challenge these obvious dives for fear of upsetting the big clubs. Rather than criticise Suarez, it's "well, what did you expect?", "silly Guzan", or "Suarez knows what to do in these situations". It's pathetic.

• Like 1

Great performance. Unlucky not to be 3-0 at half time. No pen for me, but as soon as Guzan was on the deck Suarez was going over. Gabby going off was massive, relived the pressure on their back line. Benteke's back. Vlaar is huge and Brad is one of the best keepers in the league IMO. Would have taken a point before the game.

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 3m
@sammatterface And we could have told them in 20 secs that it was not dive. Just stupid goalkeeping.

and there you have it folks. "stupid goalkeeping". how on earth can you whine about diving ruining the game and then turn around and actually try to justify it by implying that Suarez is well within his rights to simulate contact?

• Like 1

That Guardian match report is laughable. Shocked that we can play well and mocks our away kit. Really? Grow up.

The fundamental problem with punditry and many sports journalists is there is inability to to challenge these obvious dives for fear of upsetting the big clubs. Rather than criticise Suarez, it's "well, what did you expect?", "silly Guzan", or "Suarez knows what to do in these situations". It's pathetic.

The Guardian is a dreadful newspaper. I expect no less from those cretins.

Â