• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

We dominated the 1st half, they dominated the 2nd. A draw is about right.

That said, the first half was the best football I've seen us play all season. Bertrand is quality. 

Dominate they might, but they needed a cheating tosser to get them a point.

• Like 2

Great result, would have definitely taken that before the game. Frustrating and disappointing that we we gave up a 2-0 lead though. Weimann looked good, as did Benteke at times. Very impressed with Bertrand, Holt was OK. First half was the best I've seen Vila play since the 6-1 last season IMO, hope we keep it up.

Ref had a **** shocker.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 2

Excellent first half, the goal before half time was what did us, if we could have come 2-0 second half I have no doubts we would have won.

A draw on balance was probably the fair result, hoe Liverpool/suarez earned it though, jeez.

And sky defending it?

A fantastic first-half performance, perhaps our best this season. Lots of encouraging play and incisive counter-attacking football. Clark was unlucky not to score but 2-1 a scoreline did flatter Liverpool.

The key moments that changed the game were Gabby unfortunately going off injured and Suarez's dive.

Referee was a complete joke.

No matter how we try and build a good, young side, we will always struggle to get the big decisions and today it robbed us of 3 points. I hope Lambert gives the referee hell. Screw the FA.

• Like 2

1st half was superb, best football we've played in ages, could / should have been 3/4 - 0

gabby getting injured changed the game, lucas coming on and pushing gerrard further up had a huge impact too

i dont want to say we were robbed because i thought a draw was fair but its an all day dive, its shocking, what makes it even worse is people trying to defend it or blame guzan for being naive, personally i dont think there is even contact but even if there was it doesnt stop it being a dive

• Like 1

Our best performance all season. This is a Liverpool side that has won 9 out of 10 at home. Hopefully we can keep it up. Fingers crossed nothing serious for Gabby. Great to see Benteke scoring again, again.

• Like 1

Very good performance and an indication of why Gabby is so important to us. 

A good point, well deserved and we might have deserved more. Liverpool and the referee provided by the league had to resort to cheating in the end to make sure we didn't get it.

For me, there was no contact at all - Guzan shouldn't give him the opportunity but Suarez has dived.

• Like 1

Voted Vlaar MOTM. He just makes such a difference for us. We don't need an AM cause we have Gabby. We need CM cause KEA should be backup and Sylla should be at a French Ligue 2 side.

Liverpool were actually lucky to get a point. Suarez is what we already know he was.

• Like 1

Vlaar, Bertrand, Delph, KEA, Gabby and Benteke were all brilliant today.

Really good point that, robbed by the referee though. Disgrace.

Edited by Milfner

Â