• Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Jamie Redknapp:

'I think its a penalty, his foot touches his belly, the you can see the mud fly up and he goes down'

So you got that lads, next week lets get some mud flying and we should have a few pens!

Good point, everyone played well.

• Like 2

Can't quite understand why somebody voted that Lambert's tactics were 'very poor.' I think he got it spot on.

Liverpool were very frustrated and made several mistakes. In the first half you wouldn't have thought Liverpool were a side that put 6 past Tottenham.

There's not a whole amount to fault Villa for. Caught out by a well-worked goal and what is essentially a dive. Other than that we were quite solid defensively throughout. Holt didn't have much of a chance put he did add a different option up front and didn't look off the pace to me. Really disappointed to draw after being 2-0 up but I thought we'd get thrashed so a point isn't bad.

• Like 1

I can't describe in words how bad Holt were! If PAul would brought in Albrighton instead, we might had won

What? He was fine.

I would be open for him as cover up for Christian, but he destroyed our balance in the team, because of his lack of pace and tecnique

It was Gabby coming off that upset the balance, not Holt coming on.

• Like 3

Good to see sky going straight into the important issues after that match

"steeevie, was that 2 points dropped today?"

Yeah that annoyed me, but it must annoy them more that they had to cheat to get a point.

I don't think Liverpool would even see that as cheating. It's just in them to bite, dive and steal points in a way, you can't blame them it's just how they are. Anybody that dislikes that is just victimising them.

• Like 1

I can't describe in words how bad Holt were! If PAul would brought in Albrighton instead, we might had won

What? He was fine.

I would be open for him as cover up for Christian, but he destroyed our balance in the team, because of his lack of pace and tecnique

I agree the system didn't work when he came on.

But that's not his fault. He's not that kind of player.

Posted Today, 02:04 PM

We tend to play better when no one gives us a chance. 2-2 is my prediction. 
  •  

This was my prediction pre-match and I feel disappointed to have been correct.

I felt if we had gone into half-time 2 up we would have gone on with it but the Sturridge goal killed us.

The boys were fantastic in the first half, dominating play AND possession. And without a number 10 too!!

But bugger me those Liverpool boys have perfected the "flop" haven't they? Just breathe on the little fluckers and they'll go splat into the ground. Bunch of cheating pricks.

And Suarez confirmed once and for all that despite his goals he is just about the biggest prick in sporting history; even before he cheated for the penalty he was petulant in the extreme.

I hope Gabby is alright. With Benteke returning to the score sheet and hopefully Weimann on the cusp of turning things around that trio could really wreak some havoc on some of the less accomplished defences around us. A creative midfielder behind them would be a cherry on top.

• Like 2

Good to see sky going straight into the important issues after that match

"steeevie, was that 2 points dropped today?"

Yeah that annoyed me, but it must annoy them more that they had to cheat to get a point.

I don't think Liverpool would even see that as cheating. It's just in them to bite, dive and steal points in a way, you can't blame them it's just how they are. Anybody that dislikes that is just victimising them.

It's the scouse way.

I think your inability to describe how bad "Holt were" is more to do with your limited linguistic talents rather than any problem with his performance.

• Like 2

What? He was fine.

I agree the system didn't work when he came on.

But that's not his fault. He's not that kind of player.

No its not his fault, thats why it would be more wiser to bring in Albrighton, with his energy and great crosses!

Suárez touched the ball past Guzan from Steven Gerrard's inspired pass and the goalkeeper brought him down. That is what the referee decided in any case. Contact appeared to be minimal but the goalkeeper sold himself and Suárez knows what to do in those situations.

Guardian defending Suarez's dive.

Knew that cheating scumbag would influence this game somehow.

However its a very good point, now on to the next games which are definitely winnable.

Bertrand could turn out to be a very astute signing.

shame i cant freeze frame it

SuarezDive.gif

so they are saying that guzan's belly clips his right leg? personally i still cant see it but look at the angle of his left foot when that apparently happens

yeah thats not a dive at all is it...

If you watch closely, in fact if you watch at all, you'll see that Guzan's arm is actually in front of his belly so surely it would have been his arm he hit?

Scumbag, that is all I can say about him.

Brendan Rogers is seriously the worst. Such a rancid club, from top-to-bottom:

"It was a clear penalty. When you watch it closely, the goalkeeper's left arm made contact with Luis Suarez's foot. I thought we were unlucky not to get another penalty when Leandro Bacuna handballed it."

• Like 1

As someone who has been pretty abject with some of our performances, I was absolutely thrilled with how we played today. The last minute goal in the first half and Gabby going off cost us the 3 points (including a penalty that never was). We played some really good stuff, showed fight and resolve and apart from the Henderson save, Brad didn't have too much to do. Bertrand is a fantastic edition, if we could secure him at the end of the season for around 6 million I think our defence of Lowton, Vlaar, Okore and him would be very promising. I know I sound like everyone but an AM would really improve us at home; West Brom now looks like a good opportunity to build on a great result and performance, rather than a must win pressure game.   

Â