• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

It's not their fault we've been a terrible side for three seasons.

Nobody said it was, I just don't think their football coverage is all that great. As for the rest of their stuff, let's just say I think they're by far the worst outside of the tabloids and leave it at that.

I think it was a dive and shouldn't have been a pen, but charging in on the biggest diver in the league at the Kop end is still poor judgement in my opinion.

Reasonable comments from one so young ;)

Everybody on here would give their right arm to have Suarez in a Villa shirt. He is a clever player who dives to win free kicks and penalties. Everyone knows that, so if Brad is mad enough to charge at his feet in the area, we shouldn't whinge about it.

9 pages of this thread and it feels like the Merseyside branch of the Villa Supporters Club.

That's it no more Walkers crisps for me now, Lineker u jug eared tawt!

I'll be far to angry to watch MOTD tonight so I'll wait for the AVTV highlights on Monday.

Great performance from the lads though, deserved more, far more.

One question to those knocking Holt and Sylla, when was the last time either played a full game of football? It was hell of a game for either to come on to.

When you think how comfortable on the ball that LIverpool team is.....every individual top class on paper.

Stupendous first half performance from villa and we showed we can pass and move when we put our minds to it.

Stopped pressing for their first goal, but hey, this is a top class team

I thought we would get a drubbing, so well pleased.......morel pleased with the performance, the result was ok

Pleased with a point but gutted we didn't get all 3.

There were plenty of postives from the first half performance.  Good to see us start well and on the front foot rather than only having a go when we go behind.

Benteke is back, Weimann improved but let's hope Gabby's injury is not serious,

UTV.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

It's not their fault we've been a terrible side for three seasons.

Nobody said it was, I just don't think their football coverage is all that great. As for the rest of their stuff, let's just say I think they're by far the worst outside of the tabloids and leave it at that.

I think their football coverage depends on who's writing it, like any other newspaper/website, but it does drive me mad how they have Ten Talking Points from every round of games, and this weekend's one was the first time this season I've noticed the talking point about Villa's game being about Villa.

As for them being the worst newspaper outside the tabloids, let's just say you're wrong and leave it at that ;)

Just back from the ground. We were fantastic first half today, the goal just before half time really knocked us.

Gabby motm for me, he was causing them so many problems. Delph was great too and a very good debut from Bertrand. We looked a lot more steady down the left with him there!

Gutted to not come away with all three points because we deserved it the way we went out in the first half. Such a shame Gabby got injured because I think we may have won if he hadn't. 

Surprised to see poor ratings for KEA who was one of our better players, great movement and got in good areas. Equally I thought Weimann was poor today but he seems to be getting a fair amount of praise. Buzzing that Benteke is in the goals again. Holt did okay when he came on, I'm sure he (and PL) hadn't expected him to have to play an extended cameo today and he was lacking a bit of match sharpness. 

Couldn't really see the penalty from where I was stood but from seeing a replay since I think it was a dive. Ah well, they had to cheat to get a point at home against Villa... maybe we should play in our away shirts more often?!

Last word for the fans... class as always. "where's your famous atmosphere?" :D

Who motivates the manager?

He will be well pleased with that performance and it will give him heart.

Happy to criticise when they deserve it.....but that tonight, was extremely pleasing.....credit where credit is due.

Thought gabby looked top drawer....his best of the season.

My 2 cents

Guzan - 7 - A few decent saves and somehow managed to bump Suarez late cross past Sturridge to avoid a heartbreaking loss. Perhaps shouldn't have gone down to tackle Suarez but that was a clear dive.

Bacuna - 7 - A few shaky moments in the 2nd half, but overall did a good job and had a great 1st half going forward.
Vlaar - 9 - Had Suarez in his pocket for most of the game and that is some achievement on current form.
Clark - 7 - Got caught a few times, but generally recovered and did well.
Bertrand - 8 - A solid performance. Was dragged well out of position for the 1st goal but can't really fault him as the backline didn't adjust.

Delph - 7.5 - Almost put us in the lead. Kept the ball well, always available. Didn't get a yellow card WTF!?
KEA - 7 - Great 1st half, causing trouble with forward runs. Faded when Liverpool took control.
Westwood - 7 - Dropped deep to help against Liverpool attacking trio. Good tactical game, not very prominent.

Weimann - 8 - Excellent 1st half, worked extremely hard both end of the pitch, but ran out of steam. IMO should have been brought off.
Gabby - 8 - Great until he got that knock.
Benteke - 8 - Almost at his best. Winning challanges. Passing and first touch a bit off at times, but looks confident and hungry again.

Holt - 6 - Looked decent enough. Kept the ball when he got it and had a few good involvements. Shouldn't have brought him on though as the lack of an energetic player really dimished our attacking play.
Sylla - 6 - A few decent challanges, but not good enough IMO. Has no quality on the ball.
Luna - Worried when he came on but carried on from Arsenal game.

• Like 2

Just back from the ground. We were fantastic first half today, the goal just before half time really knocked us.

Gabby motm for me, he was causing them so many problems. Delph was great too and a very good debut from Bertrand. We looked a lot more steady down the left with him there!

Gutted to not come away with all three points because we deserved it the way we went out in the first half. Such a shame Gabby got injured because I think we may have won if he hadn't. 

Surprised to see poor ratings for KEA who was one of our better players, great movement and got in good areas. Equally I thought Weimann was poor today but he seems to be getting a fair amount of praise. Buzzing that Benteke is in the goals again. Holt did okay when he came on, I'm sure he (and PL) hadn't expected him to have to play an extended cameo today and he was lacking a bit of match sharpness. 

Couldn't really see the penalty from where I was stood but from seeing a replay since I think it was a dive. Ah well, they had to cheat to get a point at home against Villa... maybe we should play in our away shirts more often?!

Think weimann's praise came primarily from his marshalling of Gerard, never took his eye off him in the first half, except when he broke away from him to score.......played Gerard tactically well.

• Like 1

The problem is when your a keeper and come rushing out AND go to ground 9 times out of 10 it will result in a penalty especially if you fail to gather the ball. Even pulling your arms our of the way your whole body could continue on and take out the player out. It then becomes 50 50 how much the ref sees. It would almost be worth coming and closing down the player like a defender, but then your taking away the advantage of being able to use your hands.

its true,

there are a load of brainless trolls on here that would still complain if villa won the league.

suarez is a cheat. was cheating all game. shame aggy didn't do a rosicky on him.

villa played awesome today.

shame sky sports editors are  so biased. shown villas possession after 10 mins (55%), then they cherry picked a 10min period for lpool (55%) but did not show possession for the whole first half which villa won. then they show end of match possession lpool (55%)

villa was robbed but if they keep playing the way they have we'll get clear of the relegation battle.

• Like 1

Great following there at £45 a ticket live on TV, but it sounded like we were singing this and other songs about their support relentlessly at times whilst forgetting to sing pro-Villa ones as well!

Stilyan said it was a penalty. I am disappoint.

He's wrong.

When a keeper puts his hand from that angle against the strikers legs, nine out of ten times it's a penalty. I would not blame the ref too much.

I think the way to stamp it out (assuming reviews are out of the question) is to have retrospective two or three match bans for obvious dives. As things are at the moment the worst that could happen to you is a yellow.

I hate the idea of reviews because they would interfere with the flow of the game.

But i could go with your idea of judging after the game. However, as Lineker today has proved, even that process would not be waterproof.

• Like 2

Â