• Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 3m

@sammatterface And we could have told them in 20 secs that it was not dive. Just stupid goalkeeping.

and there you have it folks. "stupid goalkeeping". how on earth can you whine about diving ruining the game and then turn around and actually try to justify it by implying that Suarez is well within his rights to simulate contact?

has he taken that off? matterface said this - 

"We spoke to the tech guys that were working for sky on our gantry and they insist they could of told the ref in 10 seconds it was a dive"

Very good result for us. An important point from a game we weren't supposed to get anything.

On top of that a great game. First half we played great football, second was exciting.

I really enjoyed this game all the way through to the end.

Was tempted to vote for Bertrand, but went for Benteke. He is back now.

I am especially pleased with Andi's goal, he had a good game irrespective of the many haters he has here on the board.

Our midfield was not tracking back as it should, causing havoc that I blamed Vlaar and Clark for during the game. Now I blame Westwood and KEA.

Gabby was great too, hope he's ok.

Holt left me with mixed feelings. Hopefully he improves.

Vlaar, Bertrand, Delph, KEA, Gabby and Benteke were all brilliant today.

Really good point that, robbed by the referee though. Disgrace.

Don't think the ref had to much choice here, Suarez is good at it. In the slow you can see Guzan backing of, but from the refs angle it looks a pen. Suarez is just a way better footballer than man.........

Gabby was great and Delph showed again that he his our best midfielder by a distance. KEA and Sylla are both championship players at best and contribute very little. Weimann's work rate isn't enough to cover up his poor technique and decision making. 

Overall it was a good performance. A good result away at anfield but a bad draw considering we went 2-0 up. Keeps us in midtable which is where we have been all season and will remain. 

Stilyan said it was a penalty. I am disappoint.

He's wrong.

When a keeper puts his hand from that angle against the strikers legs, nine out of ten times it's a penalty. I would not blame the ref too much.

• Like 1

I think it was a dive and shouldn't have been a pen, but charging in on the biggest diver in the league at the Kop end is still poor judgement in my opinion.

So should players no longer attempt to tackle known cheats?

Hard to pick one player out because they all played their part in a terrific performance. Late goal in first half and a very dubious penalty cost us a deserved 3 points.

Sorry but in my book Vlaar was just a shining star above all the players on the pitch - he was a beast end off. 

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 3m

@sammatterface And we could have told them in 20 secs that it was not dive. Just stupid goalkeeping.

and there you have it folks. "stupid goalkeeping". how on earth can you whine about diving ruining the game and then turn around and actually try to justify it by implying that Suarez is well within his rights to simulate contact?

This is why we won't get rid of diving. It's not because of poor refereeing, or 'bloody foreigners', or a culture of it. It's because the media who run the **** game now won't call cheating cheating.

Suarez cheated today, but at most the media will say that he was a little lucky. It's an absolute disgrace. 

Even Big Jonathan must be able to say something positive about that performance!

Such a great performance, set the tone from the off. Benteke on form really allows us to play actual football. Add Gabby to the mix and you've got a scary front line.

Special mention to Weimann - when I saw his name on the team sheet I thought eh? That's really tough on Albrighton. Big manager points for Lambert cos he got his tactics bang on.

Andy still looked really short of confidence on the ball but worked really hard, did his job and showed his biggest asset with great movement for the goal

I can't describe in words how bad Holt were! If PAul would brought in Albrighton instead, we might had won

I actually thought Holt did ok for someone who hadn't been playing on a regular basis. Not the worst debut at all and his fitness level will be even better in 10 days time when we play our next game.

Wasn't the right time to bring him on. He needs to get sharper though, he was off the pace.

I would have taken a point away before kick off but we got robbed again ( just like we did against chelsea).

Voted MOTM to Bertrand best LB performance i've seen in years and useful in attack, Lambert got it right and played aggressive attacking football right from the off, Gabby missed a great chance to put us ahead after 53 seconds and Andi could have had two in the first half, missed chances like this cost us the game as we could and should have been 3 up at half time:

Second half it was expected that we would sit a lot deeper in defence but we didn't (most of the time) and althought they had the greater possession we still had a good chance of getting a win.

Ref got very little right for me, not a penalty, no advantage played (at least in our favour) and we pick up four yellows to there none.

Lambert got most off it right today only mistake was leaving Albrighton out, he could have put in a few crosses for Holt and Benteke to get there heads on and the much needed pace we lacked in the second half.

Overall team performance. 8

Manager. 8

Ref. 5

We should have won,better team throughout the match, how lpool set their self's up was criminal, seem to by base the midfield and played straight into our strength's, thank you very much

We actually had a brummie lpool fan in the pub, acting like a 10 year old, oh well ah,Hitler was a veggie.........his dad must be a right **** rocket polisher. UTV

It was a dive but Guzan gave the ref no option those are given all day no matter who the striker is. At that speed it looks like a foul. <br /><br />Vlaar was outstanding. Love having him in the team. <br /><br />Was worried when luna came on but he did ok<br /><br />Holt was ok. Not the right sub as pace was our key tactic but he did well with the ball. <br /><br />Unlucky not to win. UTV

• Like 2

Such a heartening performance.many plus points

Gabby was a real threat to them, Benteke finding form,Bertrand solid debut and Vlaar was well organised, Delph seems able to beat a man with poise?....very pleased.

The running off the ball was the best I have seen all season, particularly the first half.

A performance to build on.

• Like 2

Â