• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

I don't feel particularly disappointed because we were just superb today and there has been a clear noticeable improvement since the second half of the Arsenal game. Really hope we can push on a bit now, hopefully bring in an AM and give us something to get excited about for the rest of the season.

Feeling positive tonight. 

• Like 1

Logically, Suarez has no reason to go down unless his intention is to con a penalty. He could have controlled the ball, gone around Guzan and scored, or even passed it to a team mate. He consciously dived to win that penalty and was all smiles when it was given.

Let's not forget that before tonight Liverpool had won 9 out of 10 home games.

What has that got to do with anything?

I thought it was pretty obvious - Liverpool are very strong at home and we did very well in getting something from tonight's game despite the points dropped.

• Like 2

Guzan - 7 - Good saves and distribution but should know not to go near Suarez (dirty diving expletive)
Bacuna - 7 - Immense in the first half but got sloppy in the second
Vlaar - 8 - Really makes such a difference when he plays
Clark - 7 - Pretty solid
Bertrand - 7 - Composed and can actually defend - who'd a thought that could happen
Westwood - 6 - Some of his set pieces were actually good, got involved
KEA - 6 - Erratic but had some good moments
Gabby - 8 - So difficult to defend against, we really lost our edge when he went off
Weimann - 6 - Good goal but still not quite on form but improving
Benteke - 8 - All hail the beast!

Subs: 

Sylla - 5 - Not great really
Holt - 6 - No pace but plenty of good touches and passes
Luna - too late to rate 

The ref was atrocious, can't believe he didn't consult the linesmen for the penalty.

Performance: 9 - Probably one of the best displays I have seen in ages - no idea what Lambert has changed?

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

There is a big difference between "should it have been a penalty" and "was it a dive" - see, the referee in my opinion had a tough decision and I do not begrudge him for giving it. In fact I don't think anybody has.

On the other hand, Suarez did dive, yet we now have pundits (ex-professional footballers themselves) and journalists making out that not only did the referee give a good decision but that Suarez did the correct thing.

Ridiculous and it sums up everything wrong with the game, one week everybody is going barmy about dives and it should be abolished, the next week a striker is well in the right to do it and it is the goalkeepers fault for coming out.

check out Gary lineker on twitter tonight, adament it was a pen because guzan rushed out go him, saying if he hadn't been there Suarez wouldn't of had a 'object' to go over.

That Guardian match report is laughable. Shocked that we can play well and mocks our away kit. Really? Grow up.

The fundamental problem with punditry and many sports journalists is there is inability to to challenge these obvious dives for fear of upsetting the big clubs. Rather than criticise Suarez, it's "well, what did you expect?", "silly Guzan", or "Suarez knows what to do in these situations". It's pathetic.

The Guardian is a dreadful newspaper. I expect no less from those cretins.

The Guardian is the best newspaper in the UK, the only one worth reading. Their reporting on Villa is also consistently excellent.
  • Like 2

That Guardian match report is laughable. Shocked that we can play well and mocks our away kit. Really? Grow up.

The fundamental problem with punditry and many sports journalists is there is inability to to challenge these obvious dives for fear of upsetting the big clubs. Rather than criticise Suarez, it's "well, what did you expect?", "silly Guzan", or "Suarez knows what to do in these situations". It's pathetic.

The Guardian is the best newspaper in the UK, the only one worth reading. Their reporting on Villa is also consistently excellent.

In your opinion. Personally I can't stand them. They seem incapable of impartiality.

Liverpool had won 6 in a row at home scoring for fun, 5 past Norwich, 4 past Fulham and West Ham. So it makes the result look a lot better.

and I will argue that we deserved the win by quite comfortably.

• Like 1

I think it was a dive and shouldn't have been a pen, but charging in on the biggest diver in the league at the Kop end is still poor judgement in my opinion.

He came rushing out to block the angle, how is that poor judgement?

see my post on the previous page, the write up for todays game is somewhere between amateurish and childish

• Like 1

Â