Grant Holt

samjp26

Norwich>Wigan>Villa

Says it all really! **** embarrassing!

This doesn't even make any sense.

Really? What don't you understand? Makes plenty of sense to me.

A has been attacker who Norwich let go to a championship side ends up at Villa on loan. If you are happy fine, but I think it is embarrassing that we have sunk so low!

• Like 1

Norwich>Wigan>Villa

Says it all really! **** embarrassing!

This doesn't even make any sense.

Really? What don't you understand? Makes plenty of sense to me.

A has been attacker who Norwich let go to a championship side ends up at Villa on loan. If you are happy fine, but I think it is embarrassing that we have sunk so low!

Never said I'm happy about it, I just don't see what it's got to do with that little equation you just posted.

Looks like he has been eating to many of the pies in Wigan, whilst sitting on his fat arse on the bench doing nothing; btw the pies are **** bum in Wigan.

I don't know what **** bum means, but as somebody who lived in Wigan for many years, the pies were absolutely ace.  Wigan is the pie capital of the world with no equal anywhere.

Haha means very good indeed. I agree with you without a doubt, on my three trips to the DW Stadium I've had a pie and pint every time, the Balti ones are especially tasty :)

Looks like GH has been secretly eating the pies, I'd wondered why Uwe Rosler had been leaving the fat lazy **** on the bench, probably sneakily been eating them whilst sitting on the bench. I can imagine Rosler turning around in the intention of bringing on Holt and he is stuffing his face with one of the pies, reaction along the lines of "FFS Grant, I warned you before about eating them."

Shocking signing from PL, lack of ambition to sign an overweight and lazy striker who can't even get into Wigan's starting 11 in the Championship. Expecting a counter arguement of he was signed as Kozak's replacement, well we already have Helenius and Gabby can always play up top with two wingers either side. Sorry I forgot PL only wants us to play one style of football, Guzan to Benteke, HOOF   :angry:

Had one good season in the Premier League (15 goals in the 2011/12 season) and has now progressively dropped down the ladder.

Edited by Avflife

Haha means very good indeed. I agree with you without a doubt, on my three trips to the DW Stadium I've had a pie and pint every time, the Balti ones are especially tasty :)

Looks like GH has been secretly eating the pies, I'd wondered why Uwe Rosler had been leaving the fat lazy **** on the bench, probably sneakily been eating them whilst sitting on the bench. I can imagine Rosler turning around in the intention of bringing on Holt and he is stuffing his face with one of the pies, reaction along the lines of "FFS Grant, I warned you before about eating them."

Shocking signing from PL, lack of ambition to sign an overweight and lazy striker who can't even get into Wigan's starting 11 in the Championship. Expecting a counter arguement of he was signed as Kozak's replacement, well we already have Helenius and Gabby can always play up top with two wingers either side. Sorry I forgot PL only wants us to play one style of football, Guzan to Benteke, HOOF   :angry:

Had one good season in the Premier League (15 goals in the 2011/12 season) and has now progressively dropped down the ladder.

Well thought out post full of vitirol and abuse here, congratulations. Also, your attempt at humour is painfully unfunny.

It's also massively ironic, because you can almost guarantee he's in better shape than you.

• Like 1

Well thought out post full of vitirol and abuse here, congratulations. Also, your attempt at humour is painfully unfunny.

It's also massively ironic, because you can almost guarantee he's in better shape than you.

What part would you consider 'vitirol and abuse'?? I'm merely stating the facts, he is overweight, lazy and couldn't get into Wigan's starting 11 in the Championship.

Fair enough, me calling him a fat **** might of been a bit harsh, but again its the truthI decided to input my opinion why GH wasn't starting for Wigan when they only have two other strikers; one I consider more to be a left-winger or AM than being an outright number nine.

No need for the 'weight' comment btw, he undoubtedly is, but you have to remember fella he is a professional footballer and I am not ;)

Edited by Avflife

Getting a bit bored of this fat and overweight thing now, lets use some facts shall we :)

A quick look at Wigan website tells us that Grant Holt is 6'0" (182.8cm) tall and weighs 12st 6lbs (78.9kg).

Using a quick google search to find a BMI calculator and we can work out that his BMI is 23.8, in the Normal range, and funnily enough, quite close to being underweight ;)

Plus, he's a pro footballer, so probably quite fit too.

So no matter what you think of the signing, stop using this fat and overweight thing as the crux of your argument, because it simply isn't true :)

• Like 2

Personally after seeing Sir Steve Redgrave being given a BMI of 29.0 I can't take it seriously.

If he scores some important goals that will keep us up I will leave him alone, until now I will stick to my original verdict of GH. 

Might score the winner against Liverpool, SAS might decide to have an off day, you never know do you.

BMI is absolute useless as a measure as it makes no allowance for muscle weight. I carry very little fat but I'm still around 27 on the BMI.

I wonder what testing is done for a medical, the simple beep test would give some indication on his fitness as a professional athlete should score pretty high on this test IF they are fit. In fact if anyone wants to know just how fit they are give it a go, download the app, set up 20m between lines and then prepare for hell.

Apart from the concerns about his fitness I'm really worried that he has "lost it" if he ever had "it". I really hope that when he plays he can repay Lamberts faith in him because VP will be an awful place to be if not (that is worse than it currently is).

• Like 1

All you people saying calm down its a loan have lost the plot!!!!!!     We are playing for our Premier League survival and we have brought in a fat Striker at the back end of his career from the championship who cant even make his own team, this is an all time new low for our club, we are in serious trouble.

What you should be saying is!!!!  CALM DOWN ITS ONLY THE CHAMPIONSHIP............

All you people saying calm down its a loan have lost the plot!!!!!!     We are playing for our Premier League survival and we have brought in a fat Striker at the back end of his career from the championship who cant even make his own team, this is an all time new low for our club, we are in serious trouble.

What you should be saying is!!!!  CALM DOWN ITS ONLY THE CHAMPIONSHIP............

That is a strange way of looking at things.

---

So based on whatever predicted amount of game time any one thinks he will get, I'm interested in finding out roughly (Or you can do it gently if you want) the quantity of goals he could score for any one to consider him a success?

I will say seven.

I also feel he may contribute a few assists too but I didn't ask that.

I'll say nine assists if you were wondering.

• Like 1

BMI is absolute useless as a measure as it makes no allowance for muscle weight. I carry very little fat but I'm still around 27 on the BMI.

Are you 6ft 4+?  Can you head a football?

Are you available to be drafted in as a striker for 5 months?

---

So based on whatever predicted amount of game time any one thinks he will get, I'm interested in finding out roughly (Or you can do it gently if you want) the quantity of goals he could score for any one to consider him a success?

I will say seven.

Assuming he gets, say, 25 minutes a game on average - I'd say 4 or 5 goals is a successful loan period.

That's the same amount Benteke has scored in 6 months.

• Like 1

Don't be so hasty - this might not look such a good deal (to some) right now - but I have a feeling it may look like something of masterstroke come mid May. Thiking about the form of our forwards Benteke 1 in 12, Weiman 1 in 15 , It would be negilent of our manager not to do something.

---

I will say seven.

If he out scores Gabby or Weimann - than thats a Sucess for me.

• Like 1

Â