Grant Holt

samjp26

While Holt is about as uninspiring and comical a signing as you can imagine im not that bothered.

So long as he's not the only signing and as long as we sign quality players in the areas we really need it (midfield) im fine with it.

The worry is that im not so sure we will sign any quality 

Lambert likes playing with a target man, our backup target man has a broken leg. Holt is a cheap alternative to bring in for 5 months.

Really can't see the problem with this.

The problem for me is made in your first point. The fact our manager has to play this way. The fact he can't utilise a squd he's put together without having a target man up front.

Just confirms his limitations and what our football will be like.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Lambert likes playing with a target man, our backup target man has a broken leg. Holt is a cheap alternative to bring in for 5 months.

Really can't see the problem with this.

The problem for me is made in your first point. The fact our manager has to play this way. The fact he can't utilise a squd he's put together without having a target man up front.

Just confirms his limitations and what our football will be like.

Yup, says it all for me.

I imagine this is the kind of player benteke dreamed about playing with as he signed his new deal last summer

Yeah, I agree, someone to share the physical burden with and, owing to his experience in the Premier League, a built up knowledge of where his strike partner may want to make a run or where they want the ball to be played; feet/chest/head.

Benteke I think has a natural football intelligence which improves every game and Holt must have some intelligence to have scored so many in the top flight, albeit a short while ago, added to his before mentioned experience, they could make a good partnership with Holt, in my opinion not exactly on the same wavelength as Benteke but at least close enough to make things interesting.

I certainly think Holt may rack up a few assists in the sense of knocking the ball in to areas Benteke wants them, Benteke creating a bit of magic and putting the ball away.

There could even be some the other way around :)Yes I know you're being sarcastic.

• Like 1

From the Norwich vault of urban myths.

Lambert was hanging out with his Scottish cronies at the end of his last season there.

He was asked whether, wherever he goes, he would take Grant Holt with him.

His alleged reply was no because Holt is ''too fat and too slow''

But then needs must  :)

I imagine this is the kind of player benteke dreamed about playing with as he signed his new deal last summer

If they actually work together you're going to absolutely **** hate it aren't you?

Don't be silly.

If they actually work together you're going to absolutely **** hate it aren't you?

I never really get this. Why would I continue to buy a season ticket each year and hate it if we did well? I'd be over the moon if Grant Holt plays well and improves us.

From the Norwich vault of urban myths.

Lambert was hanging out with his Scottish cronies at the end of his last season there.

He was asked whether, wherever he goes, he would take Grant Holt with him.

His alleged reply was no because Holt is ''too fat and too slow''

But then needs must  :)

wiz?

I never really get this. Why would I continue to buy a season ticket each year

Based on your posts here... god only knows

I've certainly questioned it but what sort of fan would I be if I gave up during the dark times? It sounds like you would then if things were not going how you wanted them to go?

I never really get this. Why would I continue to buy a season ticket each year

Based on your posts here... god only knows

I've certainly questioned it but what sort of fan would I be if I gave up during the dark times? It sounds like you would then if things were not going how you wanted them to go?

Nope, absolutely not, but it seems to be a never ending barrage of negativity on your part. I get that we're all passionate, but Christ it's a bit much at times

• Like 2

It's not the negativity really. There's just some fans like that.

It's just that it pops in almost every thread in this forum. There's not a thread I go to that doesn't have the same few people blasting everyone that isn't in complete agreement with the shittiness of everything.

It's not the negativity really. There's just some fans like that.

It's just that it pops in almost every thread in this forum. There's not a thread I go to that doesn't have the same few people blasting everyone that isn't in complete agreement with the shittiness of everything.

the next gen thread really was the worst example

Â