Grant Holt

samjp26

Just when you think our style of football can't get worse we make a signing like this.

Kozak was bad enough but this leaves no doubt as to what lambert wants to do.

Why? Libor has contributed to a good percentage of our points this season. 

Indeed Kozak has played well this season, very well for a guy adjusting to our league.

As bad as it is I'd rather put my trust in Holt to do the business than helenius or Bowery.

Which speaks volumes about how Lambert has spent his limited budget.

Not really as its quite clear those players are the future. My comment relates to the fact that Holt has been in the prem and knows what it a about. Whereas if we were relying on helenius or Bowery then they're inexperienced.

If Jordan Bowery is the future, we're in worse trouble than I thought.

I don't care either way about this signing however, should it prove to be the only signing then I think one and all have serious grounds for complaint.

Yes I Agree. Whilst I think this is a smart move - There is no earthly reason why Aston Villa,  Almost 37,000 at the 3 home games - should be limited to this area of the Market.    Lescot for example would cost only £1.5m in wages between now and the end of the season.....

Just when you think our style of football can't get worse we make a signing like this.

Kozak was bad enough but this leaves no doubt as to what lambert wants to do.

Why? Libor has contributed to a good percentage of our points this season.

Indeed Kozak has played well this season, very well for a guy adjusting to our league.

What games has he played well in?

As bad as it is I'd rather put my trust in Holt to do the business than helenius or Bowery.

Which speaks volumes about how Lambert has spent his limited budget.
Not really as its quite clear those players are the future. My comment relates to the fact that Holt has been in the prem and knows what it a about. Whereas if we were relying on helenius or Bowery then they're inexperienced.

If Jordan Bowery is the future, we're in worse trouble than I thought.

Thanks for the negative input.

Is anyone the slightest bit excited about bowery's future here?

No he should be sold ASAP

I have seen zero evidence that he is a premiership player or even a championship player

Yet he struts around BMH pretending he is one thanks to the manager

I have seen zero evidence that he is a premiership player or even a championship player

He was a gamble, cost next to nothing, if he's not done the business by the time his contract runs out then he'll be off. Not like we're relying on him to do the business now is it?

He was a gamble, cost next to nothing, if he's not done the business by the time his contract runs out then he'll be off. Not like we're relying on him to do the business now is it?

He scored 10 goals in 83 games in league 2, he's never going to make it here, Delfouneso should be ahead of him in the pecking order

I like the terminolgy of Bowery strutting around Bodymoor like he owns the place!

:)

Don't you mean wheeling/spinning around?

• Like 1

Well we will just have to see what happens, if he does well then brilliant if he doesn't then woopy di doo!  There again we can all see what Paul Lambert is doing with The Villa he is turning us into the new Wimbledon bypass midfield and just hump it up to the forwards i mean if we have Benteke and Holt up front then there really is no other way to play as our midfield is like a Robin Reliant at Silverstone!!!

He scored 10 goals in 83 games in league 2, he's never going to make it here, Delfouneso should be ahead of him in the pecking order

The same Delfouneso who has an almost identical goals to game ratio as Bowery? The same Delfouneso who whenever he played strolled about the pitch and looked like he didn't give a shit?

Delfouneso has the natural ability to make it in the Premier League, but never will as he doesn't have the work ethic to do so. Bowery won't make it either but at least he tries.

If it's a straight up swap between two players who won't make it in the Premier League, and it's a choice between the talented one who doesn't work hard enough, or the try hard who isn't quite good enough technically, I'd rather have the try hard.

• Like 1

Â